|Frequently Asked Questions|
Q: How can I schedule a mammogram?
A: Please call 775-982-8100 to schedule an apppointment at either Renown Breast Health Center located at 901 E. 2nd St, or Renown X-Ray & Imaging located at 6630 S. McCarran Blvd, #C27. You can also request and appointment online.
Q: Do you have an open MRI machine?
A: Renown X-ray & Imaging and Reno Radiological Associates, Chtd. are proud to announce that we offer the finest in open MRI services to our valued patients at 910 Vista Blvd.
Q: If I need a copy of my X-ray where can I get it?
A: Please call 775-982-8100 and ask for the film department.
Q: Why do I have two bills, one from Renown Regional Medical Center and another from Reno Radiological Associates, Chtd?
A: Reno Radiological Associates, Chtd are independent hospital based physicians. Federal regulation requires that in a hospital setting, the service provided by the hospital, the technical component, be billed by the hospital. The physician service, the professional component, is to be billed by the physician. The technical component includes the equipment, technologist and supplies. The professional component includes the professional interpretation of the exam, report and consult with your referring physician.
Q: Who is Reno Radiological Associates, Chtd?
A: Reno Radiological Associates, Chtd, RRA, is a professional corporation licensed to practice medicine in the state of Nevada. RRA physicians specialize in radiology. They are based at Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows Medical Center, and provide professional services to all patients seen at all Renown X-ray & Imaging locations.
Q: How do I know if you accept my insurance?
A: Renown X-Ray & Imaging accepts insurance from most major providers. But because health insurance plans differ in they way they list radiology providers, it is always best to call your health insurance’s customer service department to confirm that you are allowed to have services at Renown. Our practice may be listed under Reno Radiological Associates, Renown X-Ray & Imaging, Renown Breast Health Center or individual physician names. If you have specific questions about your insurance provider please contact the Imaging Patient Care Coordination department at 775-982-8100 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Q: Why doesn't Medicare pay my entire bill?
A: Renown certainly accepts Medicare. However, they only pay 80% of the cost of care. The other 20% is your responsibility. An annual deductible has to be reached before any payments begin. Call Medicare at 1-800-444-4606 for more information.
Q: I am overwhelmed with medical bills. How might I be accommodated with my circumstances?
A: We offer many payment options. Please contact your account representative to discuss your situation at 775-823-1999.
Q: What credit cards do you accept?
A: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Q: My insurance plan states that Renown is a hospital in my network, yet my insurance did not cover the RRA bill, saying I went out of network. Why did this happen?
A: Although Renown Health and RRA make every effort to coordinate networks, RRA does not belong to every network that Renown Health belongs to. If you have followed the rules of your plan by going to Renown Health, you can call your insurance and explain your situation. Many times, they will reprocess your claim.