|Online Health Series|
Slip Into the Sleeve—Less Invasive Permanent Weight Loss & a Cure for Diabetes
Find out how a less invasive surgical option can help you change your body’s set point weight and help you put your diabetes into remission. Join us for a free informational seminar on minimally-invasive weight-loss procedures featuring Kent Sasse, MD, MPH, FACS, FACRS.
Kent Sasse, MD, MPH, FACS, FACRS, is the author of numerous books and publications, and a nationally recognized speaker on weight reduction, bariatric medicine and surgery. Dr. Sasse completed his medical education at the University of California San Francisco. He earned two Master’s degrees from the University of California Berkeley, including a Master’s in Public Health stemming from research related to biostatistics and bioethics.
Dr. Sasse dedicates himself to compassionate, thoughtful, and individualized care of the patient. Dr. Sasse brings a wealth of experience in the field to the development of the highest quality medically supervised weight reduction program.
Dr. Sasse will discuss:
- Current weight-loss procedures, including the recently approved laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- The risks of weight-loss procedures and the risks of not undergoing a weight-loss procedure
- How and why weight-loss procedures cure type II diabetes in most cases
- A guide to understanding if you are a candidate for a weight-loss procedure, which procedure is right for you, and a guide to maximum success before, during and after your weight-loss procedure
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Please register for this free informational Online Health Series on minimally invasive weight loss procedures featuring Robert Watson, MD.
Robert W. Watson II, MD, attended University of Nevada Reno and earned a degree in Biology. He completed medical school at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas and residency at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Watson returned to Nevada and joined Western Surgical Group. In 2000, he along with his partners founded Western Bariatric Institute. He continues to battle obesity through comprehensive patient education and surgical weight loss options. He remains passionate about healthy lifestyle choices and ongoing education
Dr. Watson will discuss:
- The metabolic syndrome: why you can't lose weight and keep it off
- The differences between Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Lap-Band
- Our comprehensive program for successful results
- Who qualifies and how to get started
Online Health Series on Kegel Exercises
Join us for a free informational Online Health Series on Kegel Exercises featuring Paula Naughton, RN, BS, BCB, PMD, with Gynecologists of Reno.
Paula is a registered nurse with Gynecologists of Reno, specially trained to evaluate problems of the pelvic floor. She is the only nurse Board Certified in Biofeedback for Pelvic Muscle Dysfunction in Nevada.
Paula works closely with physicians to help test, manage and treat pelvic floor problems, with or without surgery and with or without medication.
She is instrumental in helping patients with bladder problems, fecal incontinence, chronic constipation, sexual dysfunction and other pelvic floor disorders.
Paula will discuss why women need to do Kegel exercise, how to do Kegel exercise and how many exercises to do each day.