|Visitor Guidelines for Renown Health Web Pages and Social Networks|
Information you share on Renown Health social media sites is public and can be viewed by all Internet users. These sites are for informational and networking purposes only, and should not be used to replace the relationship that exists between you and your healthcare provider.
The information posted on any of our social media platforms should not be considered medical advice and should not replace a consultation with your healthcare professional. All links and websites found on Renown Health’s social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but does not constitute endorsement of those sites by Renown. Renown is not responsible for the content of external Web sites.
Please contact your healthcare provider for specific medical advice and/or treatment recommendations. To contact a Renown Health physician, visit www.renown.org/findadoctor.
Keep it relevant
Comments are encouraged; however, Renown Health reserves the right to moderate comments on its social media sites as necessary to prevent medical, personal and confidential information from being posted.
Renown Health operates and monitors our websites and social media Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.; any comments that come in after those hours will be responded to the next business day.
Please exercise caution when posting medical information and do not share personally identifiable information such as your location, medical record number, financial information, etc. Remember once something is posted online, there is the possibility for many people to read your words for months or even years.
Renown Health will remove the following types of comments:
- Spam or solicitation
- Personal attacks
- Off-topic commentary
- Comments containing advertisements about goods or services, or announcements about news or events not related to Renown Health’s Purpose.
Comments and other posts are subject to review by Renown Health. Those that do not abide by these policies and additional policies governed by the social media site will be removed.
Protect patient privacy
Renown Health is not permitted to disclose the following:
- Patient information
- Customer information
- Protected health information (PHI) or personally identifiable patient information
If you have a personal concern related to Renown Health’s services, contact Renown Health directly.
Renown Health is not responsible for the content of any comments or responses post to any website or social media site.
Please contact your physician for specific advice and/or treatment recommendations.
Call 911 in the case of any emergency.
If you are a Renown Health patient, please make sure to read the “Patients’ Bill of Rights.”
Share your opinion
Renown Health welcomes your questions and comments. If you have concerns about the care provided, please call 775-982-4100 and ask to speak with the manager of the patient care area responsible for your care. You may also contact the Patient Relations Coordinator at 775-982-4314 or send us an e-mail or direct message and it will be forwarded to the appropriate department to address your concerns.
If you believe that any portion of the material contained on any Renown Health website, including renown.org, blogs, and social media, infringes on your copyright, notify Renown Health in writing of your claim and we will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3).
Written notification must be submitted to:
Director of Communications & New Media
c/o Renown Health
1155 Mill Street, H8
Reno, NV 89502
In your claim, please include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Your claim must be signed (either physically or electronically) by a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.