WE ARE ER
With two locations, Renown Health is the only integrated health network with 2 ERs. Staffed by Board-Certified ER physicians*, our ER offers treatment options not found anywhere else.
Renown Regional Medical Center
1155 Mill St Reno
- The region's only accredited Trauma Center serving patients from Sacramento to Salt Lake City
- The region's first nationally certified Stroke Center with technology to stop a stroke in its tracks
- State-of-the-art Chest Pain Center with the region's only D-SPECT heart camera to detect heart attacks faster
- The region's only Children's ER treating our smallest patients
- The region's only Seniors' ER Lounge with the prestigous NICHE designation
Renown South Meadows
10101 Double R Blvd South Reno
- State-of-the-art Chest Pain Center
- Designated the #1 Quality, private hospital in Northern Nevada by HealthInsight
- Accredited Member of the American College of Surgeons Bariatric Surgery Center Network Program for patients who are experiencing post-surgical pain or complications after bariatric surgery
*ER physcians are not employed by Renown
What to Bring to the ER
When an urgent situation occurs and a trip to the ER is necessary, the last thing on your mind is what to pack. Keri Piper-Colonna, ER nurse manager at Renown Health provides some simple guidelines on what to bring and what not bring to help you be prepared in the future.
Introducing Renown’s new FastTrack ER for minor illnesses and injuries, which is offered at Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows. These FastTrack ERs are the only ones of their kind in the region. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Renown’s FastTrack ERs are designed to treat patients who need immediate attention for small emergencies, such as:
- Minor cuts and burns, including sunburn
- Allergic reactions
- Sprains and strains
- Deep cuts requiring stitches
- Ear infections
- Rashes and skin infections
- Insect stings and bites
How does the FastTrack ER work?
- Upon arriving at our ER, an ER nurse will determine the urgency and complexity of the care you need.
- If your condition is less severe and requires no more than one hospital resource (X-ray, lab tests, etc.) the ER nurse may assign you to Fast Track ER where you will receive care sooner.
- If your condition requires multiple tests and treatments, such as respiratory treatment, blood transfusion, extensive X-Ray & Imaging or lab work, you will be seen according to the severity of your condition.
Trauma Center Designation
In the ER, our trauma center surgical team handles the area's traumatic medical emergencies. From northern Nevada, northeastern California, and adjacent areas of Oregon and Idaho, we provide top-quality care to injured patients. We work in conjunction with local and regional medical teams to transport patients by helicopter and ambulance, depending on distance.
Requirements for Renown to be an accredited trauma center include:
- on-site surgeons trained in trauma
- surgeons on call at all times who have specific specialties such as neurosurgery and orthopedics
- nurses trained in trauma available at all times from the emergency room, intensive care unit and surgery