|Give to Renown Health|
As the community’s hospital, philanthropic support and partnership is vital to providing and expanding needed services for our region.
Renown Health Foundation, established in 1985, supports northern Nevada’s healthcare leader by raising funds to purchase state-of-the-art equipment, develop facilities, conduct research, offer community health programs, and provide educational training for our healthcare professionals. As the Foundation’s operating budget is underwritten by Renown Regional Medical Center, 100% of the donations we receive go directly towards funding important programs, technology and services.
Acting as good stewards for the community, Renown works harder and smarter to achieve efficiencies in providing quality healthcare. Whether it’s securing technology that shortens patient healing time, transforming existing units for new uses, creating “a hospital within a hospital” as opposed to new construction, or providing community health programs, Renown Health makes healthcare decisions that optimize patient care and the health of our community as a whole.
As our community’s only locally-owned, not-for-profit hospital and health network, we operate to meet the needs of our region and invest in raising the standard of healthcare available locally. It is our goal to keep care close to home for the families of northern Nevada.
Making a Million Dollar Difference
Renown Health employees also make a million dollar difference for our community. Renown recently celebrated the fact that in the past six years, employees have contributed more than $1 million to the Genuine Difference Employee Giving effort. This year, the Employee Giving program will exceed $250,000, which is an all-time record!
Here’s where some of those funds have been dedicated:
- The Patient Assistance Fund to help relieve the financial burdens of an illness or injury and The Fund for Nursing Excellence to help provide training and special certifications for nurses.
- The purchase of breast milk warmers in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- The Healing Arts Program, to provide more hours of art and entertainment options for our patients, including at the bedside.
- More complementary therapies through the Renown Institute for Cancer Fund.
- In-progress projects like courtyard upgrades and therapeutic gardens for Renown Skilled Nursing, Renown Rehabilitation Hospital and Renown South Meadows.