Renown Health is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information about the organization to all audiences including media, patients, visitors, employees, etc. The News Center provides details about recent news coverage, press releases, press kits, media contacts and other applicable facts and figures.
The Marketing and Communications Department handles media relations and issues all press releases at Renown Health.
During regular business hours, please call our office at 775-691-7308 or e-mail email@example.com to:
- Arrange interviews
- Schedule video and photo shoots
- Inquire about patient conditions
- Obtain photographs and digital images, as available
For urgent media inquiries after business hours (evenings, weekends, holidays), please call 775-982-4100 and ask the operator for the Communications Representative who's on-call.
Important Information for the Press
For patient privacy, a representative from the public relations staff must escort all members of the media when visiting Renown facilities for the purpose of news gathering. Please contact us in advance to arrange for an on-site escort.
Here you will find helpful and valuable information about our healthcare network.
Scope of Services
Learn more about how Renown Health cares for the community.
In fiscal year 2013, Renown Health’s Community Benefit was more than $107 million.
Renown Health Leadership
Meet our leaders.
Facts and Figures
Click here to download the 2013 Facts and Figures.
Patient Condition Inquiries
Renown's policy for release of patient condition information complies with federal patient privacy regulations (also known as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 or HIPAA) and follows the guidelines provided by the American Hospital Association. The following information applies to Renown's four-hospital system and all related entities.
The inquiring media representative must provide the name of the patient for every inquiry. This applies to all patients, including those in the Emergency Department. In the event of a large-scale or community disaster, the guidelines do provide for exceptions and ages, genders and general injury descriptions may be given.
Renown's patient directory contains the name of each patient who is receiving care in one of our facilities. Patients have the right to request that their name be removed from the directory.
If an inquiry concerns a patient's condition and the patient's name is in the patient directory, only the appropriate one-word condition from the following list can be provided:
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may or may not be stable, and may or may not be within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Deceased: The patient has died. Neither the date nor time of death can be provided or confirmed. If the death is a coroner's case, inquiries may be directed to the coroner's office.
- Treated and Released or Discharged: The patient is no longer at the facility. Neither the date nor time of release or discharge can be provided or confirmed.
Please Note: if the patient's name is not in the patient directory, we will not be able to provide any information, including confirmation that the patient is receiving care at the facility, even if the mechanism of illness or injury is a matter of public record.
We will state, "Federal patient privacy regulations allow us to release information on only those patients whose names appear in our directory. This patient’s name does not appear in our directory.
Finally, patient condition information may be withheld if, in the professional judgment of a healthcare provider, it is in the patient's best interest to withhold information, even if the patient's name is listed in the directory.
For media inquiries regarding a patient's condition during business hours (8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday) contact Media Relations at 775-691-7308.