Renown Health’s mission is to make a genuine difference in the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. As such, we seek to support the efforts of community organizations that relate to the mission, values, vision, and community benefit objectives of our health care system. As a nonprofit community hospital, Renown gives careful consideration to requests for financial and in-kind support as they relate to our objectives.
Policy Guidelines, Purpose and Philosophy
Renown Health’s request for proposals for sponsorships and community partnership window will open on March 1 and closes on April 30, and again from Oct. 1 closing on Nov. 30. All request must be made online.
We Will Consider
- External requests for sponsorships of relevant projects and events
- Requests for support of nonprofits or fundraising events
Launch the Application Portal
View an existing application or submit a new application. The window to submit is March 1 - April 30, and again from Oct. 1 - Nov. 30
Those requests that fit within the mission, values, vision, and community benefit objectives of Renown Health and those that measurably improve the community health and quality of life will be given the highest priority for consideration for potential support.
Funds are limited, and we regret that we cannot approve all requests. To be considered, a request for sponsorship or funding must meet all of the following criteria:
- The event or project must directly benefit the geographic area served by Renown Health or Hometown Health.
- The event or project must relate to one or more of the following community health priorities:
- Access to Health
- Mental Health/Substance Use
- Social Determinants of Health
- Crime and Violent Behaviors
- Physical Activity/Nutrition and Weight
- Maternal and Child Health
- Chronic Disease/Screenings
- The event or project must be consistent with Renown Health’s mission, vision, and values.
- The requesting organization must demonstrate collaboration and coordination with other community organizations or Renown Health and not merely duplicate the efforts of other groups.
- The requesting organization must be perceived to be effective, and the activity must be relevant to the perceived needs of the community.
- The requesting organization must have current 501(c)3 not-for-profit, tax exempt status under IRS code Section 170, or be a governmental agency or department, or a public educational institution.
- The requesting organization must demonstrate effective program performance and sustainability in addition to financial responsibility and accountability.
Our funds are limited and will generally be made to organizations that have the greatest opportunity for positively affecting the health and wellness of the community we serve. It is our policy not to approve funding for the following:
- Political activities of any kind
- Requests from or requests that benefit single individuals
- Requests and/or events that do not improve the health of the greater community that we serve
- Individual Scholarships
- Individual schools or classrooms
- Individual sports team related activities (exceptions may be considered if there is a healthcare component to the organization)
- Requests for sponsorship of events that are of questionable taste or would potentially harm the reputation of the hospital by association
- Any organization that has received previous funding from Renown Health will still need to apply online each year for a new request. Organizations must wait 365 days to receive new funding.
- All requests must be made between March 1 to April 30.
- The application is online. We will not be accept applications by mail or applications which are out of format.