Tony's Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
January 26, 2021
This recipe is a favorite of our President and CEO, Dr. Tony Slonim! Fast enough to be thrown together as a weeknight meal, these crab stuffed portobello mushrooms are both healthy and decadent.
To serve as a bite-sized appetizer, replace the portobellos with white button mushrooms.
Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 6 oz package Stove Top Stuffing
- 8-16 oz crab meat
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and dry 4 portobello mushrooms. Remove and chop the stems and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 cup butter to boil.
- When water comes to a boil, add the chopped portobello stems and 8-16 ounces of crabmeat depending on taste. I like more crab and use 16 ounces. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stuffing mix, remove from heat, stir and fluff with a fork.\
- Place the portobellos in a baking dish, cap side down, and add the stuffing to the inner cap of the mushrooms
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top of the stuffing and bake for 25-30 minutes.