Video: Overnight Oatmeal is an Ideal Way to Start the Day
February 22, 2016
Oatmeal is a classic breakfast go-to, but you’ve probably never tried it this way: Here’s an unconventional but healthy recipe, which is delicious cold from the fridge or warmed up, depending on your preference. This truly is an ideal way to start any day.
Looking for a heart-healthy way to jump start your morning? You can organize your morning meal the night before with this easy, refrigerated, ready-to-go oatmeal breakfast.
Watch: Overnight Oatmeal is Healthy, Convenient
Oats are full of omega-3 fatty acids, folate, and potassium. This fiber-rich superfood can lower levels of LDL (or bad) cholesterol and help keep arteries clear.
Overnight Oatmeal with Bananas and Walnuts
- Course: Breakfast, On the Go
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 1 person
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 1 minute
- Passive Time 7 hours
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk skim milk may be used as well
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a small dish or jar and mix with a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir and microwave 45-60 seconds.
- Top with your favorite fruit, chopped nuts and add additional milk, if desired.