This position is responsible for managing the operational, financial, quality, patient experience performance of assigned departments and/or practices. The Area Practice Manager works collaboratively with Providers, Practice Site Leader(s) and staff to ensure the successful operation of high quality, efficient office practices. This position ensures the implementation and adoption of best operational practice, monitors clinical compliance such as OSHA and CLIA, and is responsible for analyzing financial data and budgets in order to make informed recommendations for continuous improvement.
The Area Practice Manager must be able to successfully communicate across a wide spectrum of audiences, lead change initiatives, have strong financial and organizational skills and be able to function effectively with multiple priorities.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following areas:
Accountability and thinks strategically:
1. Champions innovation and supports change.
2. Promotes continuous learning and employee development.
3. Assists with Developing vision for market and executes plans to achieve vision.
4. Shapes strategy for growth and executes plans to achieve growth goals.
5. Create and execute plans to support the acquisition of additional practices and providers.
6. Problem solving and addressing issues raised by physicians, employees and patients.
Develops plans for practice in conjunction with Administrative Directors and clinical leadership:
1. Develops action plans based on site metrics to meet and exceed established goals.
Utilizes Daily Management System Tools to Identify Needs and Define Actions:
1. Works collaboratively with clinical leaders to escalate critical metrics through a tiered huddle daily.
2. Utilizes dashboards and reports to evaluate performance.
Provides excellent service to all customers:
1. Exemplifies excellent customer service towards patients, families, visitors, volunteers, physicians, staff and co-workers.
2. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect.
3. Communicates with all customers (internal and external) in a positive and professional manner.
Operational best practices and service excellence standards:
1. Maintains best practice operations.
2. Supports providers in achieving targets related to clinical quality.
3. Responsible for achieving patient satisfaction goals assigned for each practice(s).
4. Responsible for achieving employee engagement goals for each practice(s).
5. Responsible for hiring and evaluating practice site leaders with input from clinical leadership.
6. Ensures compliance with all regulatory guidelines and agencies.
7. Continually evaluates operations, analyzes processes and initiates changes.
1. Develops budget plans in alignment with Renown Medical Group goals.
2. Responsible for efficient, accurate, and prudent financial management of assigned practice(s), adhering to the annual budget.
3. Compiles data, analyzes, and makes recommendations for increasing profitability of assigned practices, including ROI for new investment opportunities.
4. Monitors monthly revenues and expenses, in part by maintaining cost-effective personnel and supply utilization.
5. Develops and implements cost effective initiatives for assigned departments.
6. Meets regularly with clinical leadership to review physician compensation results, financial performance and discuss operational issues.
7. Meets monthly and ensures A/R management in collaboration with Professional Billing Department to identify trends and opportunities within assigned departments.
8. Proven proficiency in financial management, which includes comprehensive understanding of insurance plans as they relate to physician practices.