The Barista creates personalized experiences for our customers by anticipating customer needs, and demonstrating knowledge of our coffee products and offerings. This position is committed to providing quick and efficient service. The barista t provides a variety of beverage services, including preparing packaged sandwiches and salads to the organization’s specifications. The incumbent also is responsible for order taking and cashiering. The incumbent has the authority to satisfy customer requests within the guidelines, and act as necessary to keep the area clean. Decisions that must be referred to the supervisor/manager include what items to serve, any equipment failure, and complaints from customers, scheduling, and any problems with co-workers. In addition, this position is responsible for:
1. Customer connection and engagement
• Follows our customer service commitment in each interaction, while providing an environment of warmth and belonging.
• Actively seeks to recognize, include, appreciate, support, and delight our customers.
• Connects customers with events and offers by staying informed about relevant information.
2. Crafts and serves only the highest quality products
• Uses operational tools and training to develop coffee/product knowledge.
• Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
3. Maintains Quality store operations
• Works in assigned positions and uses appropriate routines.
• Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
• Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a store team member.
• Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication.
4. Contributes to store profitability
• Accurately rings customer orders and follows proper cash handling procedures.
• Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
• Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
5. Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position
• Is responsible for self-initiated learning.
• Learns and demonstrates creating the Starbucks Experience.
• Learns and demonstrates all performance standards listed in the Core Learning Journey Guides.
This position does not provide patient care.