The CSR1 is responsible for collecting maximum, targeted dollars on their assigned accounts in order to ensure the highest recover ability of self-pay accounts. High standards of courtesy, performance, diplomacy and respect for our patients and their confidentiality are essential. This position is responsible for working in a fast-paced environment using several modes of communication including telephone, chat, messaging, and email. The CSR1 must be able to master systems and technology associated with the role and be comfortable working efficiently while multitasking.
The major challenges of this position include dealing with patients/guarantors regarding their obligations in a diplomatic and professional manner. The CSR1 must also be able to determine ability to pay vs. willingness to pay and route their accounts appropriately when needed. To be successful in that capacity, the CSR1 must have excellent interpersonal skills to understand customer inquiries or complaints and manage through potential difficult conversations. The CSR1 must maintain this level of service while working with complex situations and high volumes. The CSR1 will act as the voice of the customer, advocating on their behalf to ensure they receive best in class service by proactively identifying and escalating priority issues, de-escalating when appropriate, and going above and beyond to meet customer needs. They must be able to learn quickly so they can acquire the service and product knowledge to answer customers’ questions accurately. Their work must be concise and accurate. They must have good knowledge of telephone and computer systems so they can use Self Pay Call Center systems efficiently. This will be done in a consistently service-oriented manner to provide the highest level of satisfaction. The CSR1 makes no medical necessity decisions.
The CSR1 must aim to deal with customer’s inquiries and requests on the first call and be willing to be flexible to meet the customers’ needs. Concise and accurate documentation in systems of record are required using correct grammar and complete sentences.
The Self Pay Call Center remote shifts occur on a set schedule. CSR1 team members are expected to be available for the entirety of their shift and work in a quiet private place that upholds HIPAA standards. The CSR1 must be willing to work at the times needed to provide service to meet customer needs. Some positions may include evening and holiday hours.
The CSR1 must be able to provide a variety of services to patients. These can include but are not limited to:
• Provide excellent service utilizing basic knowledge of all services supported by Renown Health.
• Manage multiple priorities and consistently meet call and collection activity goals.
• Follow established standard policies and procedures to complete pertinent tasks, meet customer needs, and work for one call resolution. Answering and routing of high volume of inbound/outbound interactions through multiple channels and computer software systems. Communicating with customers to resolve inquiries using various platforms. Effectively coordinate all patient self-pay balance inquiries, including telephone, mail, email, MyChart billing messages, statement vendor feedback and questions from patients/guarantors articulated with a high level of professionalism. Effectively negotiate payments/payment plans for patients as a part of short-term and log-term payment plan options.
• Work effectively with professionals across the health system including clinical leadership and their respective team members, revenue cycle subject matter experts, insurance companies, and other third parties. Identify accounts eligible to transfer to outside bad debt collection agencies, requiring extensive knowledge on all state regulations and guidelines pertaining to bad debt collection and allocation Organize and collects patient financial information with little to no errors. Work in a call center environment with full knowledge that all calls are recorded for quality and safety purposes.
• Handle inquires related to compliance and regulatory auditing. Work in an environment that at times can be stressful due to subject matters discussed with patients and financial obligations.
This position does not provide patient care.