Responsibilities of this position:
Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology life cycle management:
• Develops and meets goals with respect to Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
• Responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of a comprehensive Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology inventory for the system.
• Chairs the Medical Equipment Acquisition Committee (M.E.A.C.) which reviews the business plan for new Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology to improve the coordination of services, improve service delivery and address new problems and issues.
• In conjunction with the M.E.A.C., manages and prioritizes annual capital expenditures on Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Promulgates system wide standards for Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Leads and participates in enterprise-wide strategic planning related to Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Manages outsourced vendor contracts and warranties for Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Manages the array of Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology across the system.
• Manages individual Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology capital projects through all phases of the development process (budgeting, proforma analysis, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents/specifications, contracting, construction and occupancy).
• Tracks, reports on and manages Medical Equipment/Clinical Technology usage throughout system to maximize potential lifecycle.
• Tracks, reports and manages operating and service costs associated with Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology across the system.
• Manages Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology repair part inventory throughout the system to ensure maximum equipment uptime at lowest cost.
• In collaboration with the Materials Management group, participates in vendor and supplier contract negotiation.
• Provides management of equipment performance and service vendors to maintain the highest standards of patient care. When products and/or services are found to be unsatisfactory, the incumbent is responsible for expediting solutions, including the replacement of equipment or the termination of service contracts.
Clinical Engineering Department Operations:
• Directs the operations of the Clinical Engineering department through subordinate staff to include:
o Ensure compliance of/with standards, best practices and policies and procedures for the Department, Division and System relating to Clinical Engineering and Clinical Technology Management.
o Responsible for compliance with all regulations and guidelines from applicable accrediting bodies (CMS, The Joint Commission, OHSA, NFPA etc.).
o Maintains safety standards and ensures a safe working environment.
o Maintains and exceeds quality metrics and benchmarks for internal and external operations and customers.
This position does not provide direct patient care.