As a member of the ED team, the EDMTTE provides technical skills and communicates effectively with supervisors, other ED staff, physicians, and ancillary staff.
The demands on this position are very dynamic due to rapid changes in medical procedures, technical knowledge, instrumentation, equipment, and policies and procedures. This position ensures that equipment is working properly before ED procedures, cares for equipment after procedure, and is responsible for reporting equipment that is not working properly or is broken. The position will also be responsible for transporting telemetry patients as well as receiving report from field emergency medical personnel. Patient Care will include: physical assessments with documentation, BLS, ACLS, PALS, performs phlebotomy, inserts peripheral IV access, medication administration, and any skills within established competencies and scope of practice as approved by Renown Health.
Other related duties and flexible hours may be requested. This position has the freedom to rotate work areas and duties as needed and/or directed.
The EDMTTE must demonstrate the knowledge and skills within established competencies and scope of practice as approved by Renown Health necessary to provide care based on physical, motor/sensor, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population served and meet standards of quality as measured by the unit/department age specific competency standards.
1. Demonstrates behavior consistent with Renown Health Standards of Conduct.
2. Demonstrates skills for performing technical duties skills within established competencies and scope of practice as approved by Renown Health that facilitate safe and effective patient care in the ED.
3. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with the interdisciplinary health care team and with patients and families of differing socioeconomic, cultural and religious backgrounds.
4. Ability to take direction from professional staff.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills within established competencies and scope of practice as approved by Renown Health necessary to provide care, based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial and safety appropriate to the age of the patients served
6. Demonstrates UC and computer skills after appropriate orientation.
This position does provide patient care.