The Manager is responsible for ensuring patients and their families receive necessary social service intervention, including emotional and spiritual support from the department staff. Assessment of these needs will be done in collaboration with the hospital and medical staff, the care coordination nursing staff and the resources in the community. Incumbent is responsible for assisting the design and continuous improvement process of the care management process under the direction of the Hospital Care Management Director. This position directs the daily operation and function of social services which includes:
• Oversight and development of data collection, including tracking and trending of outcomes.
• Interdisciplinary collaboration with Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows departments and management.
• Work closely with all Renown Health Entities to promote growth and quality services.
• This position is responsible for the operation i.e., direction and daily management of Social Services and has the authority to direct, counsel, evaluate, discipline, schedule and participate in the hiring process.
• This position acts as a resource for appropriate disposition of social services utilizing the Director of Hospital Care Management for assistance and direction with difficult or problematic cases.
The Manager provides qualified, licensed social workers to cover specific areas throughout the hospital through efficient use of both financial and staffing resources and is responsible for all clinical and competency performance activities, quality assurance, staff education and fiscal management of the department.
The Manager serves as the clinical consultant to the Social Services staff and to the care coordination program, as well as to the other hospital departments and physicians. This position also provides social work intervention when warranted. The incumbent must provide optimal patient care through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of neonatal, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and families. The position arranges continuation education sessions about social service issues and concerns for department staff and other hospital departments or community resources upon request.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to lead strategic planning for the design, development, and implementation of case management.
2. In depth knowledge of case management practices and ability to incorporate successful current trends.
3. Leadership skills, which model problem resolution, sound decision-making, consensus building, and effective resource utilization
4. Ability to plan, organize, adjusts and maintain priorities and schedules to set and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to develop, understand, and monitor budgets.
6. Computer familiarity and literacy. Experience in operating data base and/or spreadsheet programs.
7. General knowledge of various health insurance models and provider contractual arrangements.
8. Knowledge and understanding of governmental and JCAHO regulations.
9. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position does not provide patient care.