• Responsibility for maintenance of the medical staff meetings during every calendar month and annually, annual review of all medical staff policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and guidelines.
Based upon role assignments, the following job duties will apply:
• Maintains all Medical Staff files in an electronic format, maintaining a paper file only as needed.
• Participates and supports the department and committee meetings of the Medical Staff in carrying out their duties as defined by CMS, The Joint Commission and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
• Works regularly with the leaders of the medical staff, Administration, Department Chairs, Section Chairs and Elected Medical Staff leadership to review credentialing documents, plan meetings and to resolve any other issues relative to the medical staff’s position on a matter.
• Works regularly with Renown Medical Staff leadership to review credentialing processes, review department and committee activities and resolved any other issues relative to administration’s position on a matter.
• Provide Medical Staff Leadership and Administration with information about any concerns found in the credentialing processes or Medical Staff Department and Committee meetings.
• Assures coverage of medical staff meetings and provides guidance, resources and support to Department and Committee Chairman, members and personnel.
• Maintains documentation in an electronic fashion of all minutes for future reference for accreditation and surveys, i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, etc.
• Assures that follow up action from meetings is taken and applied as indicated and documented in the medical staff meeting minutes, to ensure the medical staff remains compliant with all accrediting bodies.
• Assists with maintenance of current rosters of all Medical staff members on each of the facilities Medical Staffs and notifies all in-house departments of any changes.
• Assists and trains staff in maintenance of electronic website of privileges held by all credentialed staff.
• Assists staff with maintenance of lists of all Departments, Committees as well as the membership of all.
• Must have working knowledge of the current CMS Conditions of Participation, standards of the Joint Commission and the statutes and policies and procedures of the State of Nevada Medical Licensing Boards, particularly in reference to accreditation, peer review and the laws effecting assigned job duties and positions.
• Coordinates with the Director of Medical Staff Services in preparation for Joint Commission and other Regulatory Surveys’ as well as for URAC and other accrediting standards.
• Assists in the development of Medical Staff Privileges and criteria for hospital privileges.
• Actively supports and incorporates Renown mission into daily activities and understands the impact of patient care in their work environment.
• Maintains organization and efficiency to handle multiple responsibilities and quickly shifting priorities in an environment of constant interruptions.
• Provide clear and accurate information in absence of written policies and procedures paying close attention to detail to process medical staff issues while performing duties under the direction of the Director.