Renown Health, is northern Nevada’s largest and only not-for-profit integrated health network committed to meeting the health and wellness needs of our growing community and serving the surrounding Lake Tahoe and northeast California regions. If you are committed to providing quality and compassionate clinical care to your patients and energized by teaching local residents in academic setting as part of Renown’s affiliation with the University of Nevada, Reno School Medicine, we would like to talk with you.
We are seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine physician to join our established outpatient primary care team of 80+ providers. You can expect a leadership team committed to providing resources to keep patients as the center focus of care.
- Full Time Employed clinical position with Renown Medical Group with academic teaching responsibilities
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Internal Medicine appointment – Outpatient Core Faculty – UNR School of Medicine
- Weekly mix of resident supervision clinics and regular patient clinics
- Competitive Compensation with Value-Bonus Structure
- 401k with Match, CME Allowance, Board Certification covered
- Health Benefits, employer-paid Short Term Disability
- 7 weeks Annual Leave bank
- Paid Malpractice with 100% Tail coverage
- $30K Start-to-Work Bonus
- Qualifying entity for Federal Loan Forgiveness Program as 501(c)(3)
- NO STATE INCOME TAX
Nothing beats living in the Reno-Tahoe region. Our area holds a favorable quality of life from Reno itself to the shores of beautiful Lake Tahoe. With over 300 days of sunshine annually, endless activities, diverse culinary scene, and family friendly community, it is easy to understand why so many people choose to live, explore and play in the natural beauty of our region. Nestled at the base of the Sierra Nevada, Reno is a quick drive to Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Napa Valley or San Francisco. Come see for yourself.
Sam Serniak, Faculty Recruiter | email@example.com | 775.784.1844
Internal Medicine Residency Program Core Faculty exemplify commitment to leadership in resident education and program administration to meet the goal of continuous program improvement. Working in tandem with and reporting to the Program Director (PD), core faculty will support the PD and the Associate Program Director (APD) in the organization, implementation, and supervision of the training program. Duties include but not limited to: resident selection, orientation, evaluation, and remediation; curriculum development; program evaluation, accreditation, and improvement; supervision and mentoring of Internal Medicine Residents.
Faculty members are a foundational element of graduate medical education – faculty members teach residents how to care for patients. They provide an important bridge allowing residents to grow and become practice-ready, ensuring that patients receive the highest quality of care. They are role models for future generations of physicians by demonstrating compassion, commitment to excellence in teaching and patient care, professionalism, and a dedication to lifelong learning. Faculty members experience the pride and joy of fostering the growth and development of future colleagues. The care they provide is enhanced by the opportunity to teach.
Faculty members recognize and respond to the needs of the patients, residents, community, and institution. They create an effective learning environment by acting in a professional manner and attending to the well-being of the residents and themselves.
- Faculty must maintain American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certification.
- Work with the PD and APD to ensure the programs missions and aims are being met.
- Work continuously to adhere to Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policy relevant to the running of the internal medicine residency program as per ACGME guidelines.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the education of the programs residents.
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents.
- Work with the PD and APD to ensure compliance with grievance and due process procedures as set forth in the Institutional Requirements.
- Support the PD and APD in implementation of policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements for resident duty hours and the working environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of milestones as evaluation tools.
- Lead or participate in projects designed to improve, enhance and support the quality of training provided to internal medicine residents, in collaboration with the program director.
IM Residency Specific Duties:
- Provide advising to residents in the areas of educational goal setting, career planning, patient care and scholarship.
- Foster the spirit of collegiality and camaraderie among residents.
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents.
- In conjunction with the PD and APD, oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education of the program.
- Participate in the evaluation of the program residents and faculty and decisions related to their continued participation in the training program.
- Participate in the program evaluation committee and help complete the annual program evaluation at the discretion of the program director.
- Participate in the clinical competency committee at the discretion of the program director.
- Attend semi-monthly faculty meetings with APD, PD and Program Administrator.
- Attend 75% of structured educational activities including Journal club, Morbidity & Mortality (M&M) and Grand rounds.
- Participate in program retreats and team building.
- Review Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) applications for interviews as dictated by the PD or APD.
- Participate in Interview days —with a goal of at least 50% of interview sessions. Aid in formulating the programs rank list.
- Participate in orientation in June to welcome and prepare new interns.
- Provide structured feedback to residents as delegated by the Program Director.
- Participate in resident wellness activities.
- Complete all required surveys and questionnaires in a timely manner (ABIM, Association of American Medical Colleges, fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database, Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine Survey), etc.).
Continuity Clinic Specific Duties:
- Provide direct clinical supervision of residents in the continuity clinic, frequency to be dictated by the program director.
- Assist the PD and APD in maintaining the clinical learning environment of the continuity clinic including implementation of the longitudinal goals and objectives of the program.
- Support the PD and APD in the scheduling of the resident clinic.
- Oversee individualized learning plans or remediation of residents as it pertains to the primary care clinic.
- Mentor and assist residents in developing primary care focused careers.
- Assist in the development of the continuity clinic educational experience to include but not limited to didactics, outpatient case conference and huddles.
- Oversee and adjust resident patient panels to maintain appropriate clinical content, size and case mix.
- Review and respond to resident feedback.
Program Mentorship & Scholarship:
- Mentor residents and provide quarterly meetings, as well as ad hoc meetings as necessary.
- Participate in resident scholarship with the goal of one scholarly project per year: Quality Improvement, curriculum development, posters, abstracts, papers, or presentations etc.
- Write letters of recommendation for medical students and residents seeking positions in residencies and fellowships as needed.
- Support residents attending regional or national conferences.
- Participate in academic societies and educational programs designed to enhance his/her educational and administrative skills at least annually, attending Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) and Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine (APDIM) conferences as able.
- Actively participate in monthly faculty development.
- Perform additional administrative, clinical and supervisory functions, in support of residency program initiatives, as defined by the program director.
- Core Faculty report to the IM Program Director.
- Eligible to obtain a Nevada State provider license.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine
- Experience as teaching faculty in a GME program.
- Primary Care Internal Medicine experience.
BenefitsRenown Health exists to make a genuine difference in the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. And it is through your passion that this mission is made real every day. The relationship with employees is the foundation for success as we proceed with our strategic direction. We strive to build upon this solid partnership by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that meets the diverse needs of employees and their family members.
With my CAREER Rewards there's peace of mind in knowing that Renown Health is also fighting for the most important things in your life - family, finances and future. Navigate options and make sure you are getting the most value from your Nursing career with us.
Paid Time Off
401(k) Company Match
Flexibile Work Environment