The incumbent obtains history, examines, diagnoses, counsels, and treats patients within the physician’s area of specialty and experience. The incumbent makes critical decisions regarding medical care. The incumbent works closely and in cooperation with the management staff, directs comments and questions to the appropriate management person and follows administrative policies. The incumbent actively participates in physician governance meetings, management decisions, and follows policies adopted by Renown Health and its medical staff. The incumbent stays abreast of current advances in medicine by reviewing recent publications, attending in-services and educational meetings, and attending continuing medical education programs in the appropriate field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to function effectively in an integrated delivery system.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulatory rules.
• Capable of operating business units in conformance with good quality and business practices as may be outlined by agencies such as The Joint Commission, NCQA, MGMA, etc.
• Effective leadership skills (and leading by example).
• Ability to obtain results with minimal disruption while involving a variety of internal and external groups.
• Ability to work independently.
Specialty-specific scope of practice: Full breadth gynecologic surgery with focus on complex pathology, including:
• Expertise in utilization of hysteroscopic, vaginal, laparoscopic, and robotic approaches to pelvic surgery
• Proficiency in full-spectrum endometriosis workup and surgical management including advanced imaging, refractory disease, peritonectomy.
• Full spectrum management of uterine leiomyoma
• Expertise in management of chronic pelvic pain
• Desire to integrate teaching of medical students and residents into all aspects of care.
• Research background and desire to foster/lead research with learners.
This position does provide patient care.