The incumbent obtains history, examines, diagnoses, counsels, and treats patients within the physician’s area of specialty and experience. The incumbent makes critical decisions regarding medical care. The incumbent works closely and in cooperation with the management staff, directs comments and questions to the appropriate management person and follows administrative policies. The incumbent actively participates in physician governance meetings, management decisions, and follows policies adopted by Renown Health and its medical staff. The incumbent stays abreast of current advances in medicine by reviewing recent publications, attending in-services and educational meetings, and attending continuing medical education programs in the appropriate field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to function effectively in an integrated delivery system.
1. Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulatory rules;
2. Capable of operating business units in conformance with good quality and business practices as may be outlined by agencies such as The Joint Commission, NCQA, MGMA, etc.
3. Effective leadership skills (and leading by example);
4. Ability to obtain results with minimal disruption while involving a variety of internal and external groups.
5. Ability to work independently.
This position does provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.