Section Chief of Neurology for Large Outpatient Clinic in Reno/Tahoe, $60, 000 Start Bonus
- Requisition ID: 167873
- Department: 510701 Administration
- Schedule: Full Time - Eligible for Benefits
- Shift: Day
- Category: Management
Renown Health, Northern Nevada's largest and only not-for-profit locally governed healthcare network, is seeking a Section Chief of Neurology.
Candidate must have an established leadership work history and exemplify skills needed to build a productive and growing Neurology program in line with expectations outlined below.
The Section Chief of Neurology will work directly and jointly with the providers in Renown Outpatient Neurology. Direct Reports include Outpatient Neurology physicians and/or advanced practice clinicians.
This individual is expected to participate in the teaching of learners, including but not limited to, medical students and residents; and may participate in clinical and translational research
The Section Chief will lead and have a full patient panel; including Headache patients - performing Botox injection treatments. The physician will also help expand the Outpatient Stroke Bridge Clinic program to reach the needs of our growing patient base.
Incumbent will have the opportunity to conduct clinical trials as well as teach Residents and Medical Students from University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine as part of their practice.
The Section Chief of Neurology also attends monthly and periodic team meetings for the operational and administrative functions of the Neurology Program.
The Institute of Neurosciences at Renown Health is a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and Level III accredited Epilepsy laboratory.
- Traditional Schedule M – Friday, 8am to 5pm; flexible scheduling options available
- Assist with the establishment of competencies for all personnel providing service under Neurology Program.
- Coordination and supervision of medical students and residents rotating through Neurology Program.
- Participate in and provide clinical leadership in the development and review of appropriate clinical protocols and processes that support appropriate referral and consistent care.
- Be available on an ad hoc basis to support other team members with clinical advice and direct assistance with physician communication needs.
- Be responsible to the Director Institute for Neurosciences and Medical Executive Committee for the quality of care provided to the patients in the Neurology Program.
- Assist as needed in preparing any reports or other documentation that reasonably may be required by this Agreement, Renown Medical Group Administration, and medical staff.
- Responsible for Neurology team members, including Stroke Program Medical Director. Actively involved in recruitment of providers.
Program Development and Quality Improvement:
- Intimate involvement in the delivery of stroke care, including oversight of Stroke Quality Committee with interdisciplinary teams.
- Work closely with staff physicians to ensure that the Neurology service is well integrated with existing capabilities and education and quality initiatives.
- Expansion of transition of post-acute stroke patients to stroke rehabilitation programs/hospitals.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and programs; identifies opportunities for quality improvement in patient care and safety.
- Support outreach of stroke prevention and management to providers, health care settings and community agents.
- Build the program on evidence-based practice and improve clinical outcomes.
- Attend, as requested, Medical Staff meetings in order to advance the Neurology Program.
- Support telehealth/tele-stroke initiatives and expansion efforts.
Utilization Management and Regulatory Compliance:
- Assure compliance with quality standards and compliance requirements, as well as compliance with other accreditation and regulatory standards, including but not limited to The Joint Commission and CMS.
- Collaborate with Stroke Program Medical Director with earning and maintaining Joint Commission certification for primary stroke center with goal of comprehensive stroke center designation.
- Participate in quality assurance and peer review programs and support compliance with and implementation of any resulting recommendations.
- Be actively involved in developing methods of collecting, retrieving and analyzing data necessary to evaluate clinical outcomes related to the Neurology Acute Program.
- Epic EMR
- Competitive compensation: 1 year salary guarantee plus Quality Incentive Bonuses
- 7 Weeks Accrued Time off
- Full Medical Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, paid Board Certification and Licensure reimbursement
- Guaranteed annual salary of $325, 000
- CME Stipend $3,000
- Paid Malpractice with 100% Tail Coverage
- $60,000 Start-to-Work Bonus and relocation assistance
NO STATE INCOME TAX
- 3 hour drive to San Francisco and Napa Valley, 2 hour drive to Sacramento
- Listed in Top 100 cities in the US
- 18 world class ski resorts
- Enjoy four seasons and over 300 days of annual sunshine
- Family friendly community, culinary scene, affordable living, outdoor recreational activities
Please contact Monica Mikulich, In-House Physician Recruiter at email@example.com
BenefitsRenown Health exists to make a genuine difference in the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. And it is through your passion that this mission is made real every day. The relationship with employees is the foundation for success as we proceed with our strategic direction. We strive to build upon this solid partnership by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that meets the diverse needs of employees and their family members.
With my CAREER Rewards there's peace of mind in knowing that Renown Health is also fighting for the most important things in your life - family, finances and future. Navigate options and make sure you are getting the most value from your Nursing career with us.
Paid Time Off
401(k) Company Match
Flexibile Work Environment