The Cherie Elvin Memorial Fund was created by the Elvin Family as a legacy to honor their mother, Cherie, who died at the 2011 Reno Air Races. Throughout her life, Cherie cared for her family in so many different ways. The care the family received from the physicians, nurses, and other care providers from all hospitals in the area along with the support they received from the community has inspired the Elvin Family to use this fund to award a $2,500 scholarship to help a registered nurse continue their education in the field of nursing.
The deadline for applications is Monday, August 14, 2017. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered nurse at Renown Health, St. Mary's Regional Medical Center or Northern Nevada Regional Medical Center.
- Can be a full or part time nurse
- Must have completed one year of employment
- Must have maintained appropriate attendance standards (no written or corrective action)
- Include a personal statement outlining why this scholarship should be awarded to the applicant
Application Deadline is August 14, 2017.
Please complete the online application below. For questions, email Scott Turek or call 775-982-4085.