COVID-19 Resources & FAQ
Renown Health will continue to update this list of Resources and Frequently Asked Questions to help address your concerns related to COVID-19.
As this situation continues to evolve, please stay informed about the changing advisories, restrictions or guidelines provided by local, state and federal authorities. Visit washoecounty.us/covid-19 for updates related to Washoe County
A: Symptoms for COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure, and can include:
- Shortness of breath
Q: What do I do if I have symptoms related to COVID-19?
A: Renown has a screening line available 24/7. Please call us at 774-982-5000 and we will guide you to the appropriate level of care.
Q: When should I seek care if I have symptoms related to COVID-19?
A: If you have any of the following emergency warning signs, the CDC recommends that you seek immediate medical attention*:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your provider or seek care if you are experiencing other severe or concerning symptoms
We are recommending you contact your provider for guidance if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained muscle aches
- Extreme fatigue
Q: Can I get tested for COVID-19 at Renown?
A: There is no walk-in testing or swabbing at any Renown Health locations at this time. For additional resources on testing and treating COVID-19, please visit washoecounty.us/covid-19
Download, share or print these visual guides (PDF)
- Handwashing for Your Health
- Protocols for Entering Your Home
- When and How to Seek Care
- Our Fight For Your Health and Safety
Q: What can I do to avoid getting COVID-19?
A: As this situation continues to evolve, please stay informed about the changing advisories, restrictions or guidelines provided by local, state and federal authorities. Visit washoecounty.us/covid-19 for updates related to Washoe County.
You can personally adopt several behaviors as recommended by the CDC:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face, including nose, eyes and mouth, with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away, and then wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice physical distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other people.
Q: What should I do to keep my family and others safe if I am sick?
A: If you have symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please help prevent the spread to others:
- Stay at home when you are sick. Do not travel or go to work. Leave the house only if you are seeking medical care.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19, you should contact your healthcare provider and remain at home for 14 days.
- Maintain social distancing from others in your household. If possible, stay in a specific room and use a separate bathroom. Avoid handling pets.
Q: What screening is in place to ensure the safety of Renown’s employees and patients?
A: Patients with scheduled appointments at Renown are being pre-screened with a series of questions before entering one of our locations. In addition, our employees have been asked not to travel outside of the area, and those who are able are working from home. Employees who continue to serve the community by coming to a Renown location are asked a series of screening questions before their shift begins.
Q: What kind of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are Renown employees using?
A: Renown Health continues to safely screen, diagnose and care for all patients, including those with respiratory illness and coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes providing our staff with the proper Personal Protective Equipment based on the most current clinical standards and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- How to Stop the Spread of Sharing Germs
- Avoid Viruses, Colds and the Flu With Expert Hand-Washing Advice
- Social Distancing 101
- Underlying Conditions Explained and How to Know if You Have One
- Emergency Care During a Pandemic
- Disinfecting Surfaces – How to Avoid Getting Sick
- Staying Safe While Running Errands
- Clean Grocery Shopping Tips
- Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus in Your Car
- The Best Way To Clean A Cloth Mask
- How to Talk To Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Isolated? Focus On Mental Health
- 10 Things To Do While Self-Quarantining
- 8 Activities For Kids While Self-Isolating
- Home Exercises – How to Get Stronger Now
A: Renown Health continues to safely see and care for all patients. Please call 775-982-500 or login to MyChart to schedule your appointment. Before your scheduled appointment, you will be asked some screening questions to ensure the safety of yourself and our care teams.
Q: What appointments are currently available at Renown Health?
A: We are currently scheduling appointments and seeing patients for adult and pediatric primary care, urgent care, lab work, limited imaging and specialist care. Many appointments are available virtually and some same-day times may be available. Please call 775-982-500 and our scheduling team will help you find the right appointment type for you.
Q: Can I still go to Renown Urgent Care?
A: You can continue to Book Ahead for Urgent Care or walk-in for an appointment. Please check our current list of available Urgent Care locations. If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath please call 775-982-5000 to be directed to an appropriate place of care. You can also get in line for a virtual urgent care visit by logging into MyChart and selecting "Talk to a Doctor."
Q: How do I get a prescriptions refilled from my Renown provider?
A: Log into MyChart to securely request a prescription refill through our online patient portal.
Q: How can I check in on the care of my loved one while temporary visitor restrictions are in place?
A: We have several ways for you to check in from the comfort of your home. You can contact your loved one by calling 775-982-4100 or contact us regarding care concerns.
- Requesting that everyone wears a mask before entering your location
- Limiting the number of people in your business or work area
- Establishing a daily screening process for your employees to ensure everyone’s health and safety
- Establishing social distancing guidelines and provide visual markers
- Ensuring cleaning and sanitation products are available for your employees and customers
We recommend these resources for additional information for you and your employees:
Q: Does Renown need additional masks or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
A: We currently have the supplies we need to care for patients and protect our staff. However, recognizing that the public wants to help, we are asking individuals and local businesses for material donations of new/unused items like N-95 masks, goggles, nitrile gloves, hand sanitizer and more, which are being rapidly used. Visit renown.org/give for more information.
Q: Can I donate or meal or food to Renown healthcare providers?
A: We are so grateful for our community’s support during these unprecedented times. Please go here for information how you can help.