Mindfulness Meditation class at Renown with Schauntelle Puliti:
Discover stillness and learn to use meditation as a powerful tool and benefits for the body, mind, and spirit! Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet, it is a way of entering into the quiet that is already there.
This class will help you:
• Reduce stress
• Enhance creativity
• Discover mindfulness, breath, and body awareness
• Create inner peace and connect to your spirit
• Improve relationships
• Awaken your intuition
Here are a few tips that will enhance anyone’s experience in attending a virtual meditation:
- Take a seat. Find a place to sit that feels calm and quiet to you. There is no “right” way to sit, get comfortable, and sit. If you choose, you can also lay down.
- If you’re in a busy space, use headphones to listen to the meditation, so you don’t disturb anyone around you.
- For meditation purposes, don’t get caught up in the “how.”
- There’s no way to shut off all thoughts or emotions. That is not the goal of meditation. Instead, we notice thoughts and feelings as they arise and observe them with a non-judgmental and loving attitude. You then redirect your attention back to the point of focus, which is often the breath. This process may happen a hundred times over in one session, and that’s okay!
- Don’t worry too much that you’re doing it wrong. There is nothing perfect about meditation.
- Commit yourself for at least a month. Don’t just say, “Sure, I’ll try this for a couple of days.”
- Close with kindness. Once the meditation has ended, check-in with yourself. Notice how your body feels, your thoughts and emotions. Take a moment to thank yourself for taking the time out of your day to rest in your own space, allowing yourself to relax.
PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER MIC, AS WELL, AS TURN OFF YOUR OUTGOING CAMERA SO AS NOT TO DISTURB THE MEDITATION FOR OTHERS.
No RSVP required for this event. To join please click: https://bit.ly/2XqneUN
If you do not have a computer, join us by calling 775-325-5409 and when prompted, type in the conference ID: 531 903 850#
For more information please email instructor, Schauntelle Puliti at firstname.lastname@example.org