Designed for busy parents, this all-in-one-day Childbirth Education Course will help prepare mom and her partner for the many aspects of childbirth. You’ll learn the many facets of delivery, with the opportunity to ask questions helping you make informed decisions about critical issues surrounding your baby’s birth.
Some topics include:
- Healthy developments in your pregnancy
- Stages of labor
- Warning signs
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Comfort measures
- Role of the support person and labor support
- Birth planning
- How to tell when you are in labor
- Pain relief options during labor/medical procedures
- How a birth doula can help
- Cesarean birth and Postpartum
All of our instructors are certified educators who will offer you support and guidance through education in a unique way to meet your individual needs.
We believe that childbirth is a process, not a method, and we recognize that there is no one right way to give birth.
* Note: This class will not include a Baby and Family Suites Tour.
To schedule a tour, please call 775-982-RSVP (7787).
To attend, please register using the expecting mother’s name and information.
Your instructor has requested that you bring to class.
- 75 cm exercise/yoga ball
- 2 bed pillows
- A mat or towel for breathing and relaxation practice
Please Note: Masks must be worn during the entire class and 6-foot social distancing will be required for all participants not from the same household.