NICView is an innovative and secure live video streaming that allows families to see their infant in real-time, 24/7 through a secure online portal — even if they're miles apart. The camera delivers a secure image stream for parents and family members to view their baby remotely. Family members can securely access NICView from anywhere there is an internet connection via a laptop, smartphone, or tablet. The service is compatible with any internet capable device and most popular browsers.
There are 38 cameras in Renown Children’s Hospital’s NICU. Each camera is placed at designated bed spaces in the NICU and can easily be repositioned or turned on/off by NICU staff as needed.
Please remind family and friends not to share your log-in credentials with others without your permission.
To access private streaming images of your baby, go to www.nicview.net. Enter your unique log-in User Name and Password to connect. The first time you or a family member log-in from a new computer, tablet, or smart phone, you may be asked to acknowledge a one-time consent.
However, if the medical team is caring for your baby, the camera may be temporarily ‘off-line’ in which case you will see an ‘off-line’ image. Please check back shortly. Remember, your baby’s care is the TOP priority and your baby’s image may be off-line frequently. Please be patient and know your baby is receiving great care.
- The intent of the camera is to be a comfort and connection for you and your family. If you find the NICView camera creates anxiety or is a distraction, please let the staff know and the camera can be turned off.
- The camera is mounted to the headwall of the unit where your baby is located and should not be moved. If you feel the camera lens needs to be repositioned, call the NICView technical service number at the bottom of the viewing screen. The camera lens can be repositioned remotely.
- If your baby has a blanket over his/her incubator to protect from ambient light, your view will be darkened.
- If your baby is under phototherapy, the color will be distorted.
- The camera will be off-line when care is being provided for your baby.