Three out of four car seats are installed incorrectly. Protect your children by ensuring they are riding in properly secured and age-appropriate car seat.
Renown Children’s Hospital Car Seat Station is staffed by certified technicians who provide child vehicle safety restraint education, inspection and installation.
The Station has a new location at 1095 E. 2nd Street that features an installation bay and education room for expecting families.
Nevada state law requires those children less than 6 years of age and weighing 60 pounds or less to be secured in an appropriate child restraint system while being transported in a motor vehicle.
Make a Car Seat Fitting Station Appointment
- Number of car seats to be installed
- Age, weight & height of each child for whom a car seat is being installed
- Expectant parents should make an appointment at least two weeks prior to your due date
If your child is advancing to a larger seat or if you have purchased a new car seat, please call for an appointment as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The vehicle your child will be riding in.
- Your child’s car seat, any accessories and attachments that came with it
*Please note: we do not install car seats that are expired or more than 5-years past the manufacturer date, if no expiration date is visible.
- The manufacturer’s instructions and/or manual.
- Your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Car seat registration card, if you have not already sent it in.
Why? This enables you to be contacted in the event the car seat is recalled.
- Your child or children who will be riding in the seat(s).
If not possible, please bring each child’s age, height and weight so that the seats can be positioned correctly.
For income-eligible families, we offer a reduced fee of $10. You must provide proof of income, eligibility or a referral from a public assistance agency such as WIC, Medicaid in order to receive the reduced rate.
More Car Seat Safety Information
SAFE KIDS Worldwide and our local coalition, SAFE KIDS Washoe County work towards creating a safer environment for children.
Children learn from adult role models. Always wear your own safety belt correctly every time you are in a car and enforce vehicle safety rules to passengers of all ages.