The Pediatric Infectious Diseases team at Renown Children’s Hospital diagnoses and treats a full range of infectious diseases, as well as congenital and acquired immunodeficiencies in infants, children and adolescents. This team also provides consultation to healthcare professionals working with complex or unusual cases.
To learn more, call:
What are Infectious Diseases?
Infectious diseases are illnesses caused by agents such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Sometimes these illnesses can be complicated, chronic or unusual in presentation.
Our Pediatric Infectious Diseases team is available to help patients with:
- Congenital infections
- Serious and complicated acute infections
- Chronic infections
- Recurring infections
- Unusual infections
- Infections in patients who are immunosuppressed
- Chronic, recurrent or unexplained fevers
- Pre- and post-travel consultation
- Evaluation of children who are internationally adopted
- Evaluation of children who may have an immunodeficiency
- Diagnostic Dilemmas
Consultations are provided in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Referrals are required for consultations.