Helping you lead a healthier life
Renown Health offers a number of educational and support programs to help people overcome the challenges presented through various health conditions and to aid in creating and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Our team of registered dietitians and nurses work to provide patients and their loved ones the tools to manage disease and live a healthy and happy life.
To request an appointment, please call 775-982-5073.
Our diabetes programs give you the necessary tools and support to help you stay healthy and prevent future health problems.
- Type 2 Diabetes Class: Comprehensive diabetes management program involving two classes with a Registered Nurse/Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) and a Registered Dietitian. Includes one follow-up visit with a Registered Dietitian one month after completion of your classes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Refresher Class: This class is for those who have previously received diabetes education but could benefit from a review.
- Insulin Class: Learn how to appropriately administer insulin to optimize your blood sugar control.
- Gestational Diabetes: Pregnant women with gestational diabetes will learn how to manage their diabetes during pregnancy. Class includes a meal plan. (Offered in English & Spanish).
- National Diabetes Prevention Program: This CDC-approved 12 month program is given in 16 weekly sessions, followed by monthly maintenance sessions. Our lifestyle coaches will help you develop healthy eating habits, increase your physical activity and help keep you motivated to make healthy changes.
Medical Weight Management
Renown Health offers a Medical Weight Management program that treats the whole person. Our board-certified bariatric doctor will provide a comprehensive evaluation and customized treatment plan to medically manage overweight or metabolic challenges. Our specially-trained team of dietitians will also provide the resources and support needed to make lifestyle changes in a healthy and sustainable way.
The Medical Weight Management program is designed for people with one or more of the following:
- A BMI of 25 or higher and a health risk such as Type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, cardiovascular disease, stroke, gout, osteoarthritis, infertility or polycystic ovarian syndrome;
- A BMI of 30 and higher;
- A metabolic problem such as Type 2 diabetes, fatty liver or cardiovascular disease, which is not responding to regular medical care. This may not be the result of being overweight in pounds, but may require loss of fat mass or waist circumference to get healthier.
Treatment options in the Medical Weight Management program include nutrition changes, meal replacements, medication, exercises and/or behavioral therapy.
- Nutrition Counseling: Meet one-on-one with a Registered Dietitian to discuss your health goals. Dietitians can help you manage diabetes, heart and kidney disease, gastrointestinal issues, weight gain/loss, food allergies/sensitivities, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and many other health conditions.
- Weight Loss Program: Offered at Renown Medical Groups for those with Medicare and Senior Care Plus insurance plans.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 775-982-5073.