Faster Recovery. Less Downtime.
When medicine, lifestyle changes and other non-surgical treatments don't cure painful urological conditions of the urinary tract, your doctor may recommend da Vinci Robotic Surgery.
The da Vinci Robotic Surgery System is the latest technology in complex surgery. With the da Vinci System, your surgeon can operate on urological conditions affecting the urinary tract and reproductive organs through a few small incisions instead of a large, open incisions.
Urological (bladder, kidney and prostate) conditions that may require surgery include:
- Bladder Cancer- surgery to remove all or part of your bladder is called a Cystectomy.
- Kidney Cancer- surgery to remove the diseased part of the kidney is called a Nephrectomy.
- Kidney Disorders- surgery to repair a urinary obstruction is called a Pheloplasty.
- Prostate Cancer- surgery to remove the diseased part of the prostate is called a Prostatectomy.
Benefits of da Vinci compared to traditional and laparoscopic surgery include:
- Reduced operating time
- Quicker recovery
- Minimal scarring with 1/8 inch incisions compared to a large incision
- Less pain after surgery
- Shorter hospital stay
Talk to your doctor to see if da Vinci Surgery is right for you. For more information, including a list of credentialed doctors performing da Vinci Surgery, call 775-982-4900.