Renown Medical Group - Integrative Primary Care hosts a series of therapies and classes each week. These are intended to be supplemental to your regular appointments with a primary care provider, and encourage positive lifestyle changes. This allows you to take a proactive approach in improving your health and prioritizing preventive care. Therapies may include practices that patients can be trained to do on their own and therapies provided by licensed practitioners.
Chair Yoga is a complementary medical practice that can help strengthen your mind-body connection while focusing on positions and movements to help achieve your mobility goals.
A certified yoga instructor and integrative medicine health coach, leads this small class in an open, modern office space. This class can be adapted to meet your personal needs.
Benefits of this class include:
- Improved strength, flexibility and balance
- Reduced stress
- Improved mental clarity
FUNctional fitness exercises use muscles in the upper and lower body simultaneously and emphasize core strength and stability. Classes include exercises that train your muscles to work together and prepare them for everyday activities. By simulating common movements you might do at home, at work or in sports, FUNctional fitness exercises will help you do everyday activities safely and efficiently.
A certified National Academy of Sports Medicine Corrective Exercise Specialist leads small classes (basic, intermediate and advanced) in an open medical office setting. Class options include:
- Movement Mechanics (basic): Learn how to correct bad movement habits learned in this modern, tech-heavy world and train the body how it was intended to move. Make everyday activities easier, reduce your risk of injury and enjoy life with your new, FUNctional body!
- FUNctional Fit (intermediate): In real life, muscles never work alone. Functional movements incorporate long chains of muscles, rather than isolating them. Train these muscles to work together as they should, while building strength, energy and stability to meet your goals.
- Strong Body (advanced): Efficient = Strong! Building on a functional foundation means your body can be stronger than ever. Challenge your body and you may be surprised with what you can do.
Meditation is a healing practice that allows us to experience inner calm and deep relaxation. Guided meditation is great for beginners and those who may struggle with sitting still. This class may also enhance an existing practice or assist in focusing energy and attention on a specific outcome.
A certified Meditation instructor leads a small group in an intimate medical office setting. All levels of experience in meditation are welcome.
Benefits of this class include:
- More focused attention
- Positive shift in mood
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Improved health and wellbeing
Are you interested in learning how easy it can be to plan, purchase and cook delicious recipes that are good for you? Food as Medicine classes focus on real life meal challenges such as healthy breakfast choices, working lunches and healthy potlucks in addition to the lifesaving effects of healthful eating. Each class includes specific information about how certain foods and nutrients work to promote health and discourage disease.
Instructor and Chef Christopher Wyatt, CDM, CFPP will teach you about the benefits of adopting a plant-based diet, menu planning, healthy recipes, nutrition and more.View Food as Medicine Schedule
Qigong is an ancient Chinese holistic system for body wellness. The class will practice Wuji Gong, the primary form of Emei Qigong. It includes simple, slow, and low impact movements that are designed to wake up our natural healing abilities for better health, emotional balance and mental clarity. Every class will conclude with freeform meditation, which is great for those who may have struggled with sitting still in meditation.
A certified Qigong instructor leads this small class in an open medical office setting. All levels of experience in Qigong are welcome. Benefits of Qigong include:
- Boost the immune system
- Re-balance the energy of the organs
- Improve mobility
- Normalize weight and blood pressure
- Increase awareness