Let’s fight the good fight for everyone this flu season. Getting a flu shot protects you, your loved ones and our community. Renown Health is offering a few options for receiving this year’s vaccine.
Drive-Through or Walk-Up Events
In partnership with Hometown Health, we’re hosting flu shot events at various locations in Reno and Sparks:
- Drive-through events will be hosted at the Livestock Events Center, allowing you and your family to receive this year’s vaccine from the safety of your vehicle.
- Walk-up events will be hosted at select Renown Health locations, allowing you to receive this year’s vaccine while practicing social distancing outdoors.
2020 Flu Shot Schedule
Flu Shot Appointments
Renown Medical Group patients can schedule an appointment to receive this year’s vaccine. Call 775-982-5000 to schedule your appointment.
Ages 8 years of age and up. No out-of-pocket costs for Senior Care Plus, Hometown Health fully insured HMO / PPO plans and Medicare Part B beneficiaries if it is your primary insurance. Please bring your insurance card and current ID.
Available by appointment only for ages 6 months to 7 years. Call 775-982-5433.
Pneumovax 23 and Prevnar 13 will be available for those who meet CDC criteria.
Flu Shot FAQs
- A fever of 100 degrees or higher, although not everyone with the flu has a fever
- A cough and/or sore throat
- A runny or stuffy nose
- Headaches and/or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (most common in children)
In general, the flu is worse than the common cold. Symptoms such as fever, body aches, tiredness, and cough are more common and intense with the flu. People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Purple or blue discoloration of the lips
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough