Let’s fight the good fight for everyone this flu season. Getting a flu shot protects you, your loved ones and our community. Renown Health is offering a few options for receiving this year’s vaccine.
Flu Shot Appointments
Renown Medical Group patients can schedule an appointment to receive this year’s vaccine. Call 775-982-5000 to schedule your appointment.
MyChart is a free, secure online patient portal that allows you to manage your healthcare, including appointment scheduling.
Ages 8 years of age and up. No out-of-pocket costs for Senior Care Plus, Hometown Health fully insured HMO / PPO plans and Medicare Part B beneficiaries if it is your primary insurance. Please bring your insurance card and current ID.
Available by appointment only for ages 6 months to 7 years. Call 775-982-5433.
Pneumovax 23 and Prevnar 13 will be available for those who meet CDC criteria.
Flu Shot FAQs
- A fever of 100 degrees or higher, although not everyone with the flu has a fever
- A cough and/or sore throat
- A runny or stuffy nose
- Headaches and/or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (most common in children)
In general, the flu is worse than the common cold. Symptoms such as fever, body aches, tiredness, and cough are more common and intense with the flu. People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Purple or blue discoloration of the lips
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough