At Renown South Meadows, we are one of the highest rated hospitals in northern Nevada and your go-to place or any injury or illness in south Reno and beyond. Our services include:
- 13 bed, plus hallway capacity
- Universal Rooms, 12 monitored
- 10 Private, 2 semi-private and one ‘quiet room’ with limited monitoring capabilities
- Majority of daily census-walk in, remainder REMSA; REMSA will bypass with known Trauma, STEMI or Stroke.
- Full emergency service capability
- Emergency and medical treatment of all patients. Stabilize and prepare patients for admission, surgery, transfer and discharge
- Limited call coverage: Full-Cardiac, Ortho (no spine) , GI, General Surgical, Pulmonary
- Limited-Plastic, ENT , Oral , Psych
- No coverage-OB/GYN, Peds, Neuro, Ophthalmology, GU
- 1-2 Board Certified ER Physicians within dept 24/7
General Surgical Unit
- On the 2nd floor
- 8 private rooms, 16 semi-private rooms = total bed capacity of 40 beds
- Provides inpatient services for adolescents age 13-17 and adult age 18 and above.
- Provides comprehensive medical and nursing care for post surgical patients (most commonly bariatric, orthopedic, plastics) and medical overflow patients.
Intensive Care Unit
- On the 3rd floor
- 8 private rooms
- Provides inpatient services for adults age 18 and above.
- Provides comprehensive multidisciplinary care for the adult critically ill patient.
- On the 3rd floor
- 4 private rooms, 12 semi-private rooms = total bed capacity of 28 beds
- Provides inpatient services for adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and above
- Provides comprehensive medical and nursing care for medical, post-surgical and cardiac patents.
- Blood Bank: We provide all standard transfusion services with the exception of Fetal Screens and Fetal Stains.
- Urinalysis: UA with microscopy if indicated; refractometry, specific gravity, wet preps, HCG screening (both UA and serum)
- Blood Gases: ABGs, mixed-venous blood gases, ionized calciums, lactic acids,
- Microbiology: blood culture collection and incubation, STAT gram stains, Rapid Strep, Mono, FLU A&B, RSV, rapid HIV screens for needle sticks only, and the (God-forbid) occasional Rotavirus. All other tests are performed at Regional and are sent by courier routinely throughout the day.
- Hematology: CBCs with either automated or manual differential, sed rates, BNPs, fluid counts with differential
- Coagulation: PT, PTT, D-Dimer, Fibrinogen
- Chemistry: All the golden oldies: BMP, CMP, mag, phos, diagnostic alcohol, a few therapeutic drugs, lipase, C-reactive protein, and some fluid chems
- Immunochemistry: Troponin, CKMB, Myoglobin, TSH, FT4, and quantitative serum HCG
- Hours of operation: 6 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday; and 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. major holidays
- After hours order verification by the Regional pharmacy
- Pharmacist on-call after hours through the Nursing Coordinator
- No outpatient pharmacy on site
- Follows Renown Health Drug formulary and pharmacy driven protocols
- Medication Reconciliation on admit completed by ER nursing
- Physicians need to do site specific sign on in EPIC to utilize unique facility preference lists
- Diagnostic X-ray
- CT Scan
- Nuclear Medicine
- PICC Line Service
Rehabilitation Therapies (Inpatient and Outpatient)
- Provides comprehensive, continuous and intermittent respiratory services to assist each patient, including those with emergent needs, to maximize their level of pulmonary function
- Patient assessment and implementation/modification of care plan
- Perform services such as artificial airway management, endotracheal suctioning, continuous mechanical ventilation via mask or artificial airway, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, arterial puncture for blood gas analysis, metabolic monitoring, oxygen and aerosol therapy, chest physiotherapy, hyperinflation therapy, intrapulmonary percussive ventilation, incentive spirometry, trauma resuscitation, oximetry, exhaled CO2 monitoring, transcutaneous monitoring, trend monitoring, electrocardiograms, and spirometric assessments, heliox administration, and nitric oxide administration.
- Provide bronchoscopy assistance
- 6 Operating Rooms
- 1 Interventional Endoscopy/GI Lab
- 1 procedure room
- General surgery, including thoracic and surgery bariatric surgery
- Orthopedics – sports med, fracture management, joint replacement –NO SPINE
- ENT – limited call coverage
- Endoscopy/interventional endoscopy
- Pain management
- Urology – limited call coverage
- 3 OR