National Nurses Week wrapped up on May 9, 2014 with the annual Northern Nevada Nurses of Achievement awards ceremony at John Ascuaga’s Nugget where Renown Health nurses received awards in six categories.
Nurse of the Year recipients for each Northern Nevada hospital were also honored. Alexandria O’Brien was recognized as Nurse of the Year for Renown Regional Medical Center, and Rowena Swegles received the honor for Renown South Meadows Medical Center.
Congratulations to all of our Nurses of Achievement honorees — we couldn’t be more proud of their accomplishments and devotion to their patients and profession.
- Amber Boobar, RN, Telemetry at Renown Regional, Medical/Surgical Nurse – “I’m most proud that my work as a nurse has been recognized by my co-workers and my patients.”
- Amy Murphy, RN, Palliative Care at Renown Regional, Patient Advocacy Nurse – her nominator wrote that Amy has “a warm and caring personality who provides great comfort to her patients.”
- Carrie Archie, RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Renown Regional, Nursing Innovation – “I am passionate about the care given to tiny humans.”
- Poeth Kilonzo, RN, Supervisor of Nursing, Medical Telemetry at Renown South Meadows, Nursing Leadership – “All our employees and patients are someone’s loved ones. I care as much about our employees and patients, as I do my own loved ones.”
- Mary Jeppson, RN, Pediatric Specialty Care at Renown Regional, Office/Outpatient Nurse – her nominator wrote that Mary “is a role model by taking others into consideration and leading by example.”
- Jennifer Stevens, RN, Unit Service Representative, ER at Renown South Meadows, Rookie of the Year Nurse – “Being a nurse includes passion for people, team building and a consistent pursuit of knowledge.”
The 2015 Northern Nevada Nurses of Achievement ceremony will take place at JA Nugget on May 8.