High Blood Pressure Program
For most people, high-blood pressure (hypertension) can be controlled with medication and lifestyle changes. However, blood pressure is more difficult to control in some people. Patients who require more than four blood pressure medications are considered to have resistant hypertension. If you've been diagnosed with uncontrolled, resistant high blood pressure, ask your primary care provider for a referral to our program.
Our program is led by a specialist certified by the American Society of Hypertension and includes:
- Initial consultation
- Visits with a clinical pharmacist to manage medications and prevent potential adverse drug interactions
- 24/7 blood pressure monitoring (if indicated)
- Evaluation for secondary cause of high blood pressure
- Support for lifestyle changes, with an emphasis on decreasing medication
- Possible clinical trial enrollment
- Access to extensive patient education materials
High Cholesterol Program
If you have high cholesterol, our High Cholesterol Program can help you reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. We accurately diagnose and treat high cholesterol, while also providing ongoing guidance and support.
Our team includes an American Board of Lipidology Certified Lipid Specialist, experienced clinical pharmacists and nurse practitioners. They work together to design a customized care plan to help you manage your cholesterol levels.
Our program services include:
- Initial review of medical and family history to help identify possible causes of high cholesterol and determine goals
- A personalized plan of care for the family, including genetic testing if indicated
- Medications and supplements as needed
- Counseling and education about lifestyle changes
- Regular progress reports to your family doctor to review your plan of care
Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) is a disorder that causes LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels to be very high. The condition is passed down through families, begins at birth and can cause heart attacks at an early age. FH is most commonly and effectively treated with LDL-lowering drugs called statins. Our comprehensive team can help determine which medications are right for you.
Medication Management Programs
Our Medication Management Program helps patients carefully monitor their medications. Learn more about our various programs here.
Do you know your blood pressure numbers? Dr. Michael Bloch explains how maintaining healthy numbers are important for good quality of life and increasing longevity.
High blood pressure, or hypertension, affects 85 million Americans –&n
Know Your Numbers
Adults are pretty goo