We understand that at times you may be unable to pay your hospital bills in full. Renown Health has a Financial Assistance Program to provide discounts for patients in need.
To contact the Financial Assistance Program, call us at:
Financial Assistance Specialists can help you with your healthcare financial responsibilities. You must be a patient at Renown Regional Medical Center, Renown South Meadows Medical Center or Renown Skilled Nursing.
Information is available in the following languages:
Uninsured patients with no other payment source will be referred to a Financial Assistance Specialist. Based on the financial status at the time of service, the Financial Assistance Specialist will assist with eligibility for the following: Medicaid, County Assistance, and the Health Insurance Exchange for insurance programs. If denied for these programs, the Financial Assistance Specialist will assist with eligibility for the Financial Assistance Program.
Patients can request help at anytime. You may be eligible for the Financial Assistance Program for up to one year after service and/or 60 days post denial from a governmental program.
Applying for Financial Assistance
Complete and return a Financial Assistance Program application below:
Documents you must provide
- Proof of application for state or other welfare programs
- Proof of hardship including:
- Prior Year Filed Tax Forms (1040 forms and corresponding schedules)
- Last 4 months of Pay Stubs and/or other source of income (social security, unemployment, child support, alimony, etc.)
- Last 4 months of Bank Statements (include linked accounts; all pages)
- Last 4 months of Mortgage/Rent Receipts
- Last 4 months of statements from any other Asset Accounts (i.e. Retirement funds (401k, 403b, 503b, IRA, etc.) insurance policies, investments, life insurance distribution, legal settlement funds, etc.)
A credit report will be run to verify all information as presented on the application for the financial assistance program.
- The Financial Assistance Program may not be used for cosmetic, bariatric procedures, fertilizations, in addition to package price discounts, same day self pay discounts, or any other non-medically necessary procedures
- All screenings will be based on the patient’s financial status at the time of service
- Patients with Federal Poverty Level less than 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines will be considered for the Financial Assistance Program
- Patients with Federal Poverty Level greater than 400 percent of the Poverty Guidelines can be evaluated for a payment plan.
- Insured patients are required to apply for government program assistance
- A payment, denial (denials due to lack of patient cooperation will not be considered), or benefit summary from primary insurance must be secured prior to consideration of Financial Assistance eligibility
- Insured patients up to 100 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines will be considered for the Financial Assistance Program regardless of the account balance
- Insured patients 101 percent to 400 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines will be considered for the Financial Assistance Program
- All patients are required to make a financial contribution towards their bill. Patients are subject to co-pay and/or cost share amount based on their specific Federal Poverty Level and Federal Poverty Guideline matrix
- Patient co-pay amounts are to be paid in full at the time of Financial Assistance application submission. If approval is granted by Financial Assistance, payments can be delayed to a maximum of 90 days after submission.
Hospital-Specific Amounts Generally Billed (AGB)
For each hospital, it is a percentage derived by dividing the sum all claims for medically necessary services provided at such hospital paid during the relevant period by Medicare-fee-for-service and all private insurances as primary payers, together with any associated portions of these claims paid by Medicare beneficiaries or insured individuals in the form of co-payments, co-insurance, or deductibles, by usual and customary charges for medically necessary services. (Total reimbursement ÷ Total Charges = Hospital Specific AGB Percentage). For more details, see Treasury Regulation 1-501r5(b)(1)9B.
Eligible FAP individuals may not be charged more than the Amounts Generally Billed (AGB) for emergency or other medically necessary care.
To obtain a physical copy of the policy, please call a Financial Assistance Specialist at 775-982-4110 or 855-951-6871. You can also visit a Financial Assistance Specialist at 1155 Mill Street, 1st Floor, Sierra Tower.