Below are steps to help you understand how our billing process works. Call 775-982-4110 for more information or to talk to a representative. .
When you come to us for a service, we will ask you for your health insurance card and other information.
You will be asked to pay for your portion of the estimated bill at the time of service.
After your service, we will contact your insurance company to collect the portion they will owe. Sometimes your insurance company will not pay right away because they require more information. This might slow down payment on your account.
If a claim is denied because the insurance company does not have enough information, we will work with you and your insurance company to get the missing information. In some cases, there is a secondary insurer, and we will work with them as well.
Once all insurance payments are received, we may ask you for additional payments for the amount not yet paid. If you are uninsured, you will receive a 30 percent discount from your total charges, with the exception of any same day self-pay price.
If you need financial assistance
- Renown will work with you to find any programs you may qualify for that can help
- If you are uninsured, you will receive a 30 percent discount from your total charges.
- If you are low or moderate income, we may be able to help you pay your bills
We ask for your financial information to help us determine if you qualify for assistance. We will also help you find health insurance coverage. For more information regarding financial assistance, please call 775-982-4110.
- Provide us with complete health insurance information
- Be prepared to pay your portion at the time of service or make payment arrangements.
- Always bring a driver’s license or ID and all insurance cards
- Know your health plan benefits
- Respond promptly to requests you receive from your health plan
- If possible, pay all portions of your bill at once or make timely payments