Volunteer at Renown – volunteers give much more than just time and talent – volunteers make a difference for the people and communities we serve.
Volunteers at Renown are appreciated by patients, leaders, employees, visitors and physicians for sharing their time and talent. Our goal is for every volunteer to feel they are making a difference and to have a meaningful and positive experience.
Requirements to Volunteer
Volunteers must be 14 years of age and older. All volunteers are required to attend an informational session, complete a medical clearance, background check and attend orientation. Some areas require additional screenings and training. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all screenings to be completed.
The Volunteer Services team is ready help each volunteer complete these requirements. Contact us at VService@renown.org for more information.
Among the Benefits of Volunteering:
- Flexible scheduling
- Personal growth and satisfaction
- Career experience for high school and college students
- New interests to discover
- New friends in the community
- Recognition during National Volunteers Week in April and a banquet in September
High School Program
Volunteer Services is looking for high school students who are ready to explore a medical career by giving their time and talents this summer. The High School Volunteer Program runs from June to August, and the deadline for applications is Thursday, March 14, 2019.
The volunteer program is for those starting their junior or senior year in high school. It is not a job-shadowing program, but instead offers students the chance to assist patients, visitors and employees at either Renown Regional Medical Center or Renown South Meadows Medical Center. High school volunteers will:
- Learn to work at one of our welcome desks
- Greet and escort patients and family to their destinations within the hospital
- Visit rooms and lobbies to interact with patients and visitors
- Help with running errands, delivering mail and flowers
- Completed application and cover letter forms
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or coach
- The ability to volunteer twice a week for a scheduled shift of four hours
- Attending mandatory orientation with a parent/guardian. Orientation will consist of reviewing policies and procedures and going through the process to obtain a medical clearance (blood work required)
- Passing a background check
- Missing no more than two weeks of scheduled shifts. If you are taking an extended vacation over summer break, we will not be able to accept your application.
It's a great opportunity for students to enhance their communication, customer service and critical thinking skills. Volunteers work as a team and also build relationships while at Renown. It's also a good boost to a college application. Plus, volunteers will have fun and feel good at the same time, knowing they have the power to make a difference in someone's life.
Qualifications and requirements include:
For information and an application packet, please call 982-7124 or email VService@renown.org. Only the first 60 completed and qualified applications will be accepted.
Read Volunteer Stories
Renown’s volunteers have often been featured on BestMEDICINE, Renown’s health and wellness news website. Among the more recent stories: