The Washoe County Health District, WCHD is actively monitoring COVID-19 in Washoe County. Washoe County Health District
For regular appointments and care at Renown Health during COVID-19 precautions, please visit this page for details.
RESPIRATORY ILLNESS SCREENING
THREE SCREENING OPTIONS
CALL AHEAD AND VIRTUAL VISITS
- Respiratory Health screening line, free and available 24/7 at 775-982-5000.
- Online appointments through Renown COVID-19 Care self-pay tool, or Teladoc. Check with your insurance provider for your available online tools.
- Visit washoecounty.us/covid-19 for resources directing people to the appropriate level of care.
*Walk in screenings are not accepted at this time.
Symptoms may appear in as few as two days
and as many as 14.
Symptoms could include fever, Cough, Difficulty breathing and Severe respiratory illness.
It's very important that if you are sick, but don't meet any of the COVID-19 risks as defined by the CDC, you should call your healthcare organization's telemedicine program first before you call your medical provider.
- Mill Street Parking Structure Repurposed as Sophisticated, Cross-Functional Alternate Care Site
- Update on non-urgent elective surgical procedures and medical services at Renown Health Hospitals
- Deployable Medical Structure at Renown Regional Erected as Precautionary Measure
- Renown Health implements new visitor and respiratory care restrictions to address COVID-19
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17, we have made the decision out of an abundance of caution that all students shall not come to Renown Health locations until further notice. There are no exceptions. We will re-assess this decision on a weekly basis and communicate changes as they become available.
- Renown not issuing doctor's notes at this time: Employer groups are encouraged to not require a doctor's note for employees who are sick with respiratory illness
View all press releases and announcements in our Newsroom section.
We are so grateful for our community’s support during these unprecedented times. To address the many generous offers of assistance, we have compiled this information and hope you find it helpful. Learn more.
How to Talk to Your Kids About COVID-19
Your children likely have many questions about COVID-19, and finding the right words to say to them isn’t always easy. Learn how to address their questions and calm their nerves by watching this series of questions from elementary through high school kids to Renown Health pediatricians.
Talk To Your Kids
Best Medicine News
Recent articles from Renown Health on COVID-19.
Keep reading related stories on Best Medicine News.