Quality is Providing Excellence by Doing the Job Right the First Time
Quality and Renown Health
Renown Health understands that people make healthcare choices based on information about expertise, safety, technology and the care they will receive. As a patient, you have the right to access a hospital's healthcare results that demonstrate their patient safety, clinical excellence and patient satisfaction
Patient Safety Practices and Results
Renown Health doctors and hospitals utilize the safest equipment, procedures and skills to prevent infections and harm that can happen in hospitals today. We are the only hospitals in Nevada that have voluntarily participated in the Center for Disease Control's infection prevention database program so we can better understand and implement practices to prevent infections.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) publish results showing how frequently hospitals follow the guidelines for best care. These results are posted 12 to 18 months after patients are discharged and do not reflect current practices so we provide up-to-date results on this website for your review. Improvements in the results reflect changes in practice and documentation that we have implemented during the past year
- Children's Asthma care
- Pneumonia care
- Heart attack care
- Heart failure care
- Surgical improvement care
Frequently Asked Questions regarding healthcare scores.
Awards and Accreditations
Read more about the world-class quality care brought to our community by Renown Health.
#1 in Quality in northern Nevada
Renown South Meadows Medical Center was recently designated the #1 Quality private hospital in northern Nevada by HealthInsight. This award is given to health networks that deliver the highest quality care to patients.
We are also the only healthcare network developing an electronic medical record system that will link doctors, hospitals, skilled nursing, therapy centers and diagnostic centers together with real-time results and records.
Notable Quality Measures
- Heart attack patients coming into our ER received their EKG 30% faster than the national standard. The standard set by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, based on clinical survival, is 10 minutes between arrival in the ER and completing the EKG diagnostic test. Renown Regional's FY08 average time from arrival to the ER to EKG is seven minutes, three minutes or 30% faster than the national Medicare standard.
- Renown South Meadows has been named Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery
- By using the Well Spring model for patient care, Renown Skilled Nursing has improved its HealthInsight grades by 50% for chronic pain management and restraints, as well as depression management.
- Renown Health Home Care was named to the HomeCare Elite, the inaugural compilation of the most successful home care health providers in the country, with performance measures in quality, improvement and financial performance among the top 25 percent of providers nationwide.