We Look Forward to Seeing You
Renown Health and Awaken awareness seminar and luncheon. We have a great event planned and know that you will benefit from this complimentary training that focuses on the human trafficking industry, its prevalence and how you can identify and help victims. Your attendance is appreciated. This program provides CME and CEU credits.
Wednesday, November 2: For Physicians, Nurses, & EMS
Thursday, November 3: For Social Workers, Advocates, Counselors & Direct Service Providers
Renown Regional Medical Center
1155 Mill St.
Reno, NV 89502
Dr. Patricia Speck, DNSc, APRN, FNP-BC, DF-IAFN, FAAFS, FAAN
Patricia M. Speck, DNSc, APRN, FNP-BC, DF-IAFN, FAAFS, FAAN who is an internationally recognized expert in advanced practice forensic nursing, which includes victims of sexual and domestic assault, child abuse and sex trafficking. She maintains active faculties practice globally and locally, consulting nationally and internationally.
Community Services Panel, Featuring:
- Moderator: Wendy Damonte, Vice President Advocacy and Community Partnerships, Renown Health
- Melissa Holland, MFT, Executive Director & Katy Hartley, MFT, & Clinical Director, Awaken
- RPD Detective and FBI Taskforce Representative
- Ryan Clarke, Director of Security
- Shannon McCoy, LSW, MSW, Social Services Coordinator, Washoe County Department of Social Services
- Victoria Sweet, J.D., Program Attorney, National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Jim Deal, Retired U.S. Secret Service
Each seminar is tailored to fit the needs of your specialty.
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Identify human trafficking victims in the healthcare setting
- Identify treatment techniques and plan of care for victims of human trafficking in the hospital and non-healthcare settings
- Identify local community resources available for victims of human trafficking in the healthcare setting
- Cite the global organizations research about the scope of the problem of trafficking in human bondage regionally and nationally
- Present case experiences in the community presenting to healthcare institutions
- Demonstrate interviewing principles which are trauma informed and patient centered within the healthcare setting
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Identify human trafficking victims in the prehospital and community setting
- Identify therapeutic techniques for victims of human trafficking in the hospital and non-healthcare settings
- Identify local community resources available for victims of human trafficking
- Discover the latest research from global organizations about the scope of human trafficking
- Real-life case studies and experiences from the local community
- Demonstrate interviewing principles which are trauma informed and patient or victim centered
There are 27 million human trafficking victims worldwide, 1 million of which are sexually exploited children. According to the National Human Trafficking Hotline, Nevada has the 17th highest number of potential human trafficking cases in the United States.