Meatless Monday: Easy Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizza
January 08, 2018
Research shows that plant-based diets can help manage and even aid in the prevention of many chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Try incorporating more plant-based and meatless recipes into your diet — even if it’s just once a week. Here’s a delicious and easy pizza recipe to get you started.
Cauliflower is finally getting its due. This nutritional powerhouse of a veggie is flying off the shelves as a low-carbohydrate substitute for grains and legumes. Why? The seemingly boring, white veggie is rich in antioxidants, nutrients, fiber and weighs in at just 25 calories per cup. And it’s great at camouflaging as rice, or in this case, as a base for pizza crust.
Renown Health Improvement Programs
Renown Health offers a number of educational and support programs to help people overcome the challenges presented through various health conditions and to aid in creating and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Our team of registered dietitians and nurses work to provide patients and their loved ones the tools to manage disease and live a healthy and happy life.
- Diabetes Programs
- Medical Weight Management
- Nutrition Programs
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Servings 4
- Prep Time 20
- Cook Time 20
- 2 1/2 cups grated or ground cauliflower use a food processor or cheese grater
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place grated cauliflower in a bowl. Microwave for a few minutes. Pat with paper towels or cheese cloth to remove excess moisture.
- Add basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan and mozzarella. Add egg and stir to blend completely. Toss in a dash of salt.
- Place dough on parchment paper over a pizza round stone or baking sheet. Mold in to a round pizza crust.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add your favorite toppings and return to oven for up to 15 minutes to melt cheese.