Medical Geneticist position with Regional Cancer Center in Reno/Tahoe
- Requisition ID: 158638
- Department: 510701 Administration
- Schedule: Full Time - Eligible for Benefits
- Shift: Day
- Category: Provider
Renown Health is currently recruiting motivated, passionate clinical geneticists to join our rapidly growing and expanding Academic Regional Cancer Center and our Children’s Hospital. Given our close collaboration with the Desert Research Institute (DRI) in the largest community-based population health based study in the world (the Healthy Nevada Project) clinical research opportunities complementing clinical service will be available. In addition, we can provide translational research opportunities in our research laboratories focused on cancer susceptibility and the molecular genetics of cancer. Positions will be at least 60% clinical, although for candidates with demonstrable research experience and productivity alternative arrangements will be considered.
Candidates for the position must have and MD or equivalent degree, an ABMG active candidate status or certification as a Clinical Geneticist and/or Clinical Biochemical Geneticist and be active in maintenance of certification. Applicants must be eligible for appointment at the Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor level at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, with which Renown Health is closely affiliated.
Based in Reno, only 45 minutes from the beauty of Lake Tahoe and its many ski resorts, Renown Health is northern Nevada’s largest and only not-for-profit locally governed healthcare network with over 7,200 employees. The main campus includes a comprehensive 808-bed acute care facility, a level II trauma center, a 93-bed Children’s Hospital, the Institute for Heart & Vascular Health and the Institute for Cancer, which received Gold Level Accreditation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons of the Comprehensive Community Cancer Program
We now embark on a considerable expansion of our medical oncology section under the direction of a new visionary Cancer Center leadership to enable patients to receive high quality, evidenced based care while staying close to home.
- A robust employed medical group (360 providers), which includes four radiation oncologists
- A thriving physician network which includes many of the area’s most respected physicians, from family practitioners to gastroenterologists and surgeons
- Extensive support staff in place
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent Health Benefits, employer-paid Short Term Disability
- CME allowance, 401k w/match
- Start-to-Work Bonus
- 7 weeks Combined Time off (4 weeks’ vacation, 1 week education, 10 holidays)
- Paid malpractice with 100% tail coverage
- Nevada is only one of seven states that has no state income tax
- Quality of work/life balance - ample outdoor activities for all four seasons of the year
- Over 300 days of sunshine annually, it is easy to understand why so many people choose to live, explore and play in the natural beauty of our region.
- Nestled at the base of the Sierra Nevada, Reno is a quick (45 minutes) drive to Lake Tahoe, Sacramento (2 hours), Napa Valley (3 hours) or San Francisco (4 hours).
To discuss this opportunity, please contact in-house Recruiter, Monica Mikulich, at firstname.lastname@example.org
BenefitsRenown Health exists to make a genuine difference in the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. And it is through your passion that this mission is made real every day. The relationship with employees is the foundation for success as we proceed with our strategic direction. We strive to build upon this solid partnership by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that meets the diverse needs of employees and their family members.
With my CAREER Rewards there's peace of mind in knowing that Renown Health is also fighting for the most important things in your life - family, finances and future. Navigate options and make sure you are getting the most value from your Nursing career with us.
Paid Time Off
401(k) Company Match
Flexibile Work Environment