Renown Health recognizes that patient-centered care is a vital component in providing service excellence focusing on quality, safety, experience and value. The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) empowers patients and families to take an active role at Renown Health and serve as a partner by participating in the co-design of quality improvement initiatives, policies, strategies, and services. It provides a forum to create more meaningful programs to truly serve the needs of the community and to infuse a deeper understanding of the patient experience within all levels of the organization.
Who Can Be Part of the Council?
The PFAC should include patients and family members of patients who:
- Have used services at a Renown Health location within the last 12 months
- Are motivated by a desire to find solutions and make improvements
- Have had both positive and negative experiences at Renown Health
- Can work well with a variety of people and respect different viewpoints
- Are willing to share insights and information about their experiences
- Are able to speak comfortably in front of a group
However, the PFAC is not:
- A place where individual council members bring their personal grievances about Renown Health to be dealt with and solved
- Responsible for making final decisions about proposed changes and recommendations
- A support group
What do Members of the Council Do?
The Council meets once a month. Depending on your interests and experience, you may choose to serve in one or more of the following ways:
- Offer feedback on existing services and strategies and recommend improvements
- Offer original ideas for creating new programs to serve the expressed and unmet needs of the community
- Participate in short- and long-term improvement projects, training sessions, staff meetings and presentations regarding quality, safety or patient experience
- Serve on hospital committees to represent and infuse the patient perspective
To view a copy of the Patient and Family Advisory Council charter, please click here.
How do I Get Involved?
Anyone interested in joining must complete the PFAC application form below and participate in a telephone interview with a member of Renown Health’s Service Excellence department.
● Mail it to:
Renown Regional Medical Center
1155 Mill street, Reno NV 89502
3. The service excellence team will reach out to you regarding their decision.