We continue to monitor the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and ensure constant readiness by working closely with the Washoe County Health Department and staying informed of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updates.
When there is heightened concern around an illness, we implement enhanced infection prevention strategies and ensure we are ready with the appropriate supplies and alternate plans should the need arise.
We want all our employees and community physicians and staff to feel educated and aware of the precautions Renown has taken to protect our employees, patients and community.
We have also implemented visitor restrictions.
If your patient needs medical attention, please have your patients call 775-982-5290 and they will be screened by a registered nurse and directed to the most appropriate level of care.
For up-to-date information on Renown’s approach to keeping our community safe, visit our website at https://covid.renown.org/.
Surgical Updates: All Renown Locations
Further updates and news can be found on our intranet (for employees only) and on our website at https://covid.renown.org/.
- 03/25/2020 | Surgical Scheduling (PDF)
- 3/23/2020 | Surgical Services (PDF)
- 3/17/2020 | Postponing elective-optional surgical and procedural cases (PDF)
Patient Appointments at Renown
Renown Health patients should still come in for their scheduled appointments, including diagnostic testing, preadmission testing, infusions, and elective surgeries, with the following exceptions:
- Patients shall not come to Renown hospitals or any clinical sites if they are ill with any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, muscle pain or body aches, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell.
- If a patient is suspected to be ill, they will be masked and sent home. Patients should wait at least 24 hours after their fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicines, or after symptoms have improved (at least 4-5 days after flu symptoms started) before returning to a Renown location.
Please ask patients to call our Contact Center at 775-982-5000 for scheduling questions.
- COVID-19 Respiratory Questionnaire
- Coronavirus Overview
- Managing a Patient with Respiratory Illness
- Patient Access Information
- PAPR (Powered Air- Purifying Respirator) and CAPR (Continuous Air-Purifying Respirator)
Video | How to Prone a Vented Patient