Game-Day Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili
January 28, 2022
Are you settling in to watch the big game? Prep this easy-to-make vegetarian chili with a handful of wholesome ingredients hours before game time, and you’ll be ready to enjoy some healthy and flavorful chili by kickoff.
Sweet Potato and Jalapeño Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Course: Dinner, Tailgate
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Servings 8
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 6-8 hours
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 4 large fresh tomatoes chopped
- 3 small sweet potatoes chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can white (cannellini) beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine all ingredient in the slow cooker, except for the shredded cheese and cilantro.
- Cover and set slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, top each bowl with shredded cheese and cilantro.