Grilled Lemon Salmon Kebabs
June 19, 2019
Salmon is a highly nutritious fish loaded with heart-healthy fats – a 3-ounce portion of salmon, depending on the variety, contains between 700 – 1,800 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acid.
Research indicates diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce inflammation and decrease your risk of heart disease. Because salmon can be a strong flavor, lemon helps balance and bring a light citrus taste. In contrast, dill adds a slightly green, fresh note to this entrée.
This simple, flavorful dish – ready in just 20 minutes, will be a weeknight staple. So, if you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal, try this grilled lemon salmon kebabs recipe.
Grilled Lemony Salmon Kebabs
- Course: Dinner, Guilt-Free, Heart Health
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound salmon fillets preferably wild, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 lemons sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs Torn fresh dill for garnish
- Heat grill to high. Skewer salmon and lemon slices, then brush with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers until salmon is cooked through, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
- Note: To prevent wooden or bamboo skewers from burning, soak them in warm water for 10 to 30 minutes prior to threading and grilling.
Hospital food gets a bad rap and maybe it’s deserved. However, at Renown Health we strive to serve patients, visitors...Read More