10 Essential Questions to Ask at Your Child's Pediatrician Visit
By: Lauren Van Dover, APRN
May 22, 2023
Taking a few minutes to prepare for your child's pediatrician visit helps ensure that all your child's medical needs are met. Knowing the right questions to ask your provider can help you get the most out of your visit and ensure you and your child feel comfortable and informed.
It is essential to base your questions on your child's specific health needs, but the ten options below are a great place to start.
- How is my child's overall health and development progressing?
- Is my child meeting their developmental milestones, and are there any areas where they may need extra support?
- What vaccinations does my child need, and are they up to date on all required immunizations?
- Are there any nutritional recommendations or concerns for my child's age and stage of development?
- What are some strategies for promoting healthy habits and physical activity for my child?
- Are there any warning signs I should look out for regarding my child's health or behavior?
- What can I do to help prevent common childhood illnesses like colds, flu strains or ear infections?
- What should I do if my child gets sick, and when should I seek medical attention?
- Are there any changes to my child's medication or dosage that I should be aware of?
- Is there anything else I should know or be aware of regarding my child's health or development?
Schedule an appointment with a pediatrician and receive the highest level of care from birth and beyond.