Biweekly Hours: 80 (90% clinical/10% faculty administration)
Renown Health, is northern Nevada’s largest and only not-for-profit integrated health network committed to meeting the health and wellness needs of our growing community and serving the surrounding Lake Tahoe and northeast California regions. If you are committed to providing quality and compassionate clinical care to your patients and energized by teaching local residents in academic setting as part of Renown’s affiliation with the University of Nevada, Reno School Medicine, we would like to talk with you.
We are seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine physician to join our established family medicine faculty team. You can expect a leadership team committed to providing resources to keep patients as the center focus of care.
- Full Time Employed clinical position with Renown Medical Group with academic teaching responsibilities
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine, Associate Professor of Clinical Family Medicine or Professor of Clinical Family Medicine appointment – UNR School of Medicine
- Weekly mix of family medicine resident clinic supervision, regular outpatient clinics, and hospital team supervision for adult, pediatric and newborn patients
- Night and weekend call distributed amongst the faculty at the discretion of the FM Chair and the PD
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with Match, CME Allowance, Board Certification covered
- Health Benefits, employer-paid Short-Term Disability
- 7 weeks Annual Leave bank
- Paid Malpractice with 100% Tail coverage
- $30K Start-to-Work Bonus
- Qualifying entity for Federal Loan Forgiveness Program as 501(c)(3)
- NO STATE INCOME TAX
Nothing beats living in the Reno-Tahoe region. Our area holds a favorable quality of life from Reno itself to the shores of beautiful Lake Tahoe. With over 300 days of sunshine annually, endless activities, diverse culinary scene, and family friendly community, it is easy to understand why so many people choose to live, explore and play in the natural beauty of our region. Nestled at the base of the Sierra Nevada, Reno is a quick drive to Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Napa Valley or San Francisco. Come see for yourself.
Sam Serniak, Faculty Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org | 775.784.1844
Family Medicine Residency Program Faculty exemplify commitment to leadership in resident education and program administration to meet the goal of continuous program improvement. Working in tandem with and reporting to the Program Director (PD), faculty will support the PD in the organization, implementation, and supervision of the training program. Duties include but not limited to: resident selection, orientation, evaluation, and remediation; curriculum development; program evaluation, accreditation, and improvement; supervision and mentoring of Family Medicine Residents.
Faculty members are a foundational element of graduate medical education – faculty members teach residents how to care for patients. They provide an important bridge allowing residents to grow and become practice-ready, ensuring that patients receive the highest quality of care. They are role models for future generations of physicians by demonstrating compassion, commitment to excellence in teaching and patient care, professionalism, and a dedication to lifelong learning. Faculty members experience the pride and joy of fostering the growth and development of future colleagues. The care they provide is enhanced by the opportunity to teach.
Faculty members recognize and respond to the needs of the patients, residents, community, and institution. They create an effective learning environment by acting in a professional manner and attending to the well-being of the residents and themselves.
- Faculty must maintain American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) certification.
- Work with the PD and core faculty to ensure the programs missions and aims are being met.
- Work continuously to adhere to Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policy relevant to the running of the Family Medicine Residency Program as per ACGME accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the education of the program’s residents.
- Administer and maintain an educational and professional environment conducive to educating residents.
- Support the PD and core faculty in implementation of policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements for resident duty hours and the working environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of milestones as evaluation tools.
- Lead or participate in projects designed to improve, enhance and support the quality of training provided to family medicine residents, in collaboration with the program director.
- Participate in UNR SOM and Renown Committees as requested
FM Residency Specific Duties:
- Provide advising and mentorship to residents and medical students in the areas of educational goal setting, career planning, patient care and scholarship.
- Create Individualized Educational Plans for all resident advisees and monitor the progress of these plans on at least a semi-annual basis
- Foster the spirit of collegiality and camaraderie among residents and faculty.
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents.
- Provide and attend didactic lecture/workshop sessions & contribute to the quality of didactics and clinical education of the program for both the FM residents and the medical students.
- Participate in the evaluation of the program residents, medical students and faculty and decisions related to their continued participation in the training program.
- Participate in the program evaluation committee and help complete the annual program evaluation at the discretion of the program director.
- Evaluate FM resident advisees on the progress on the FM Milestones at least semi-annually and present advisees/participate in the clinical competency committee.
- Attend weekly faculty meetings with the PD, core faculty and Program Administration.
- Participate in program retreats and team building.
- Provide oversight and leadership by creating and monitoring the goals and objectives of FM residency rotations as assigned by the PD.
- Review Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) applications and do interviews as dictated by the PD and core faculty. Aid in formulating the program’s rank list.
- Participate in orientation in June to welcome and prepare new interns as required by the PD.
- Provide structured feedback to residents and medical students.
- Participate in resident wellness activities.
- Complete all required surveys and questionnaires in a timely manner (ACGME, UNR SOM, etc,)
Continuity Clinic Specific Duties:
- Provide direct clinical supervision of residents in the continuity clinic, frequency to be dictated by the program director.
- Provide continuity of care to a panel of family medicine patients
- Assist the PD and core faculty in maintaining the clinical learning environment of the continuity clinic including implementation of the longitudinal goals and objectives of the program.
- Oversee individualized educational plans or remediation of residents as it pertains to the primary care clinic.
- Mentor and assist residents in developing primary care focused careers.
- Assist in the development of the continuity clinic educational experience to include but not limited to didactics, outpatient case conference and huddles.
- Oversee and adjust resident patient panels to maintain appropriate clinical content, size and case mix.
- Review and respond to resident feedback.
Program Mentorship & Scholarship:
- Mentor residents and provide semi-annual meetings, as well as ad hoc meetings as necessary.
- Mentor resident scholarship with the goal of residents completing one scholarly project per year: Quality Improvement, curriculum development, posters, abstracts, papers, chapters, or presentations, etc.
- Participate in scholarship with the goal of completing one scholarly project per year at the state, regional, national or international level: Quality Improvement, curriculum development, posters, abstracts, papers, chapters, or presentations, etc.
- Write letters of recommendation for medical students and residents seeking positions in residencies and fellowships as needed.
- Support residents attending regional or national conferences.
- Participate in academic societies and educational programs designed to enhance his/her educational and administrative skills at least annually.
- Provide and actively participate in monthly faculty development meetings.
- Perform additional administrative, clinical and supervisory functions, in support of residency program initiatives, as defined by the program director.
- Eligible to obtain a Nevada State provider license.
- Board certification/Board Eligible in Family Medicine.
- Experience as teaching faculty in a GME program.
Nature and Scope
BenefitsRenown Health exists to make a genuine difference in the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. And it is through your passion that this mission is made real every day. The relationship with employees is the foundation for success as we proceed with our strategic direction. We strive to build upon this solid partnership by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that meets the diverse needs of employees and their family members.
With my CAREER Rewards there's peace of mind in knowing that Renown Health is also fighting for the most important things in your life - family, finances and future. Navigate options and make sure you are getting the most value from your Nursing career with us.
Paid Time Off
401(k) Company Match
Flexibile Work Environment