The Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician examines, diagnoses, counsels, and treats patients within the physician’s area of maternal fetal medicine. This position makes critical decisions regarding medical care and works closely and in cooperation with the management staff, directs comments and questions to the appropriate management person and follows administrative policies. This position actively participates in physician governance meetings, management decisions, and follows policies adopted by the Renown Health and its medical staff. This position stays abreast of current advances in medicine by reviewing recent publications, attending in-services and educational meetings, and attending continuing medical education programs in the appropriate field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to function effectively in an integrated delivery system.
2. Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulatory rules;
3. Capable of operating business units in conformance with good quality and business practices as may be outlined by agencies such as JCAHO, NCQA, MGMA, etc.
4. Effective leadership skills (and leading by example);
5. Ability to obtain results involving a variety of internal and external groups.
6. Ability to work independently.
This position does provide patient care.