Renown Health continues to prepare to safely screen, diagnose and care for patients with respiratory illness, including coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are so grateful for our community’s support during these unprecedented times. To address the many generous offers of assistance, we have compiled this information and hope you find it helpful.
How to Help
Handcrafted Mask Drive-Thru, Drop-Off Information
Thank you to our Community! We are grateful for the community’s love and enthusiasm for sewing masks to help our care givers to Fight the Good Fight every day! We have already received more than 1,500 masks within the first four days of drive-through operations. This is remarkable and we are so grateful. Below are updates on our handcrafted PPE needs as of April 3.
- Update regarding Renown-Sanctioned Masks: Thank you for your patience. We are still waiting on a delivery of interfacing material in order to deploy additional kits. If you have access to "Pellon 910 Sew In Featherweight Interfacing," we can provide you with the rest of the kit at our drive-thru location noted below. We encourage you to use our Renown-approved pattern and instructions.
- Renown Health Surgical Wrap Masks: Kits for these daily use masks will be made available via our donation drive-thru process. Each kit is equipped to supply our care team with 24 masks.
- Important - Community Crafted Mask Covers: We continue to welcome community-crafted masks, in addition to the above mentioned Renown-sanctioned and surgical wrap masks. Your donations have been incredibly important for our care teams, as they are being used as N-95 mask covers to help preserve and protect our current supply of N-95 masks. All patterns and cotton or cotton-blends are welcome.
- Bouffant (Surgical Caps): The pattern we are using for community-crafted Bouffants is available here. At this time, we are unable to supply kits, but are welcoming donations during our drive-thru hours.
- Isolation Gowns: For community crafted isolation gowns, please use the Renown-approved pattern and instructions. At this time, we are unable to supply (but are working to prepare) kits with the preferred KONA Materials. Donations are welcomed during our drive-thru hours.
NOTE: All handcrafted PPE will be laundered and sanitized before being distributed.
The drive-thru is located in the valet area of Tahoe Tower at Renown Regional Medical Center and is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
PPE & Other Supplies
If you have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to donate, Renown will accept these items to add to its existing supply. Items we are currently accepting include:
- Unused N95 respirators and surgical masks
- Unopened disposable gloves
- Unopened containers of hand sanitizer
- Unopened containers of disinfectants and disinfecting wipes
- Packaged, unused protective goggles
If you have a smaller quantity of PPE or supplies to donate, please drop it off at one of the following:
Renown Regional Medical Center
Tahoe Tower, Ground Floor
1155 Mill Street
Reno, NV 89501
Renown South Meadows Medical Center
10101 Double R Blvd
Reno, NV 89521
If you have a large donation of PPE or supplies to make, or if you are a vendor with supplies to sell, please fill out the below form and we will get back to you with additional information.
Food Donations to Medical Providers and Staff
Thank you to the many restaurants and other food businesses offering to bring meals to our healthcare teams.
We are currently accepting food donations at our Renown Regional Medical Center campus during the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Food donations must be pre-approved before drop-off.
We can only accept the following:
- Food items prepared in a licensed food service establishment
- Food temperatures must be maintained upon delivery
- Foods must be grab and go, ready-to-eat
We cannot accept the following:
- Foods made from home kitchens
- Raw, ready-to-eat fish items
Covid-19 Financial Donations
Thank you for considering a financial gift to Renown Health Foundation to support our organization’s efforts around COVID-19.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to our Healthcare Workers Greatest Needs fund, we will direct this donation to address the highest needs our healthcare teams are currently facing as they prepare to screen, diagnose and care for patients with respiratory illness, including COVID-19.
Please know that 100% of your donation will be used to support Renown Health patients, physicians and staff.